CONWAY — A Tabor City, N.C., man is the third person to be indicted on charges related to the shooting deaths of a 66-year-old Loris man and his 40-year-old son last year, according to court records released Wednesday.
Odom Bryant, 23, was indicted on two count of murder in the shooting deaths of 66-year-old Amos Hatfield and his 40-year-old son Thomas Howard Hatfield, who were found dead Aug. 19, 2012, according to indictments released Wednesday.
Also charged in the men’s deaths were 41-year-old Sandy Lee Locklear, Amos Hatfield’s wife, and 28-year-old Nehemiah James Evans, both facing two counts of murder. An Horry County Grand Jury indicted Locklear and Evans in February on the charges.
At the time Locklear also was indicted on a charge of filing a false police report stemming from a first-degree criminal sexual conduct charge, according to records. Evans also was indicted for first-degree burglary charge.
The trio were arrested in August 2012 and are each being held at J. Reuben Long Detention Center. Bryant and Odom are being held without bond, while Locklear’s bond was set at $131,250, according to jail records.
Amos Hatfield had purchased a home for Locklear, his wife, on Fair Bluff Road in Tabor City on June 12, 2012, but he resided with his son in another home he owned on Red Bluff Road in Loris, according to records.
The Hatfields were found dead from gunshot wounds about 4:30 a.m. Aug. 19, 2012, inside the home they shared.
After Evans’ arrest, police said they believed Locklear conspired with Evans and Bryant to rob and kill her husband and his son, Horry County police Lt. Robert Kegler said then.
Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723 or follow her at Twitter.com/tonyaroot.