• Mary I. Lee has been named vice president and retail business development manager at South Atlantic Bank in Georgetown; Challie Grimes has been named the customer service representative, Linda Coleman has been named the teller supervisor.
• Hugh Wilson Jr. has been named interim chief executive officer at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
• Kathie Hill has joined Heartland Hospice of the Greater Grand Strand as volunteer coordinator.
• Derik Powers has joined BNC Bank as vice president, commercial relationship manager.
• Nicole Detsch has joined The Brandon Agency as a social media coordinator in its Myrtle Beach office.
• Bryan Shriver of Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union has been promoted to vice president of Information Technology at the Myrtle Beach branch.
• Robby Porter, an Edward Jones financial adviser in Murrells Inlet, has received the firm's Eagle Award.
• HTC won the Special Achievement in GIS Award for 2013.
• South Atlantic Bank has opened its Georgetown office at 1187 North Fraser St. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information, visit SouthAtlanticBank.com.
Get your item in Business Pulse by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.