‘City Slickers’ outside
Catch “Movies Under the Stars” on Wednesdays through August, next with “City Slickers.” Details at 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
Details | 9 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common, for free.
Parade, fireworks on tap
Two free family events continue Wednesdays, weather permitting, through August:
• A strolling boardwalk parade, as part of “SummerFest,” 7 p.m. at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for free. Details at 272-8349 or www.bflanding.com.
• Fireworks over the ocean, as part of “Hot Summer Nights” by the Oceanfront Merchants Association, 10 p.m. from Second Avenue (North) Pier in Myrtle Beach. www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
State park programs
Choose from various nature programs on Wednesdays this month. Details at 238-0874 or www.myrtlebeachsp.com.:
• “Camping Catastrophe,” 10-10:45 a.m., outside nature center.
• “The Tale of Ranger Abigail,” 3-3:30 p.m., in activity center.
• “Monarch Magic,” 6:30-7 p.m., in nature center.
Details | at Myrtle Beach State Park Activity Center, on U.S. 17 Business, one mile south of Ocean Boulevard/Farrow Parkway; each free with park admission: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, and $3 ages 6-15. Park open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. daily.
Pelicans battle Sox
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Advanced-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, open a three-game series through Friday against the Salem Red Sox, a Boston farm club from Virginia. Also, $1 hot dogs will be available. Details at 918-6000, 877-918-8499 or www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com.
Details | 7:05 p.m. at TicketReturn.com Field, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, at Grissom Parkway, for $6-$13 advance, and $1 more on game day.
See Legends lineup
Legends in Concert’s summer lineup of tribute artists goes through Sept. 1: the Blues Brothers, Michael Jackson, Lady GaGa, Elvis Presley and Justin Timberlake. Details at 238-7827, 800-960-7469 or www.legendsinconcert.com.
Details | 8 p.m. at 2925 Hollywood Drive, Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 29th Avenue North, next to Planet Hollywood; $39.95 or $44.95 ages 17 and older, and $14.95 or $19.95 ages 3-16; booth $50.95 and $24.95, respectively per age group; and VIP $47.95 for all.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach