Choice of cruise-ins
Choose a cruise-in, all with free admission:
• “Mopars at the Beach,” Classic and Modern Muscle Car Show, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and “Cruise to the Strip,” 6 p.m., both at Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet. www.moparsatthebeach.com.
• Hot Rod Promotions, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Poppy’s Burgers & Subs, 3290 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, near Inlet Crossing plaza and Inlet Square. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club, 5-8 p.m. at Moe’s Southwest Grill, 201 Graduate Road, Conway, off U.S. 501, across from Horry-Georgetown Technical College. 742-9802.
History series at library
The “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series” continues with a change of program: “Terminal Barber Shop & Terminal Cab,” a story of two brothers. Luke West will reminisce about owning the Terminal Barber Shop, and about his brother, Wadus, who owned Terminal Cab Co., both on Eighth Avenue North, beside the bus terminal. Details at 918-1282, www.chapinlibrary.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details | 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway, for free.
Sculpture show opens
The National Sculpture Society 80th annual Awards Exhibition, with 48 works, opens, continuing through Oct. 27. Visitors also are welcome to vote for the People’s Choice Award, announced at the end of the exhibition. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
Special events abound
Some special events include:
• Pet Appreciation and Adoption Day, by Friends of Horry County Animal Care Center, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Tractor Supply, 3353 Church St., Conway. Email info@friendsofHCACC.org.
• Poker Run in memory of Linda Donahue, benefiting Keep Our Pets food bank, noon from Spencer’z Sports Bar, 5141 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 957-7089.
• Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies Music Fest , noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, for $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount.. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• “Kids Day” special, 2-5 p.m. at Pavilion Nostalgia Park, $10 for nine-ride-ticket bundle, with free activity stations from Children’s Museum of South Carolina of Myrtle Beach, and a bounce house, face painting and balloon animals. 918-8725 or www.pavilionnostalgiapark.com.
Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert with The Grass Strings and Yee Haw Junction, at 5 p.m. at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
• Elvis Week celebration by Elvis Fan Club of Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand, dinner at 6 p.m., music at 7 p.m., at Lulu’s Cafe, 1903 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach; free admission. 424-9124 or www.kingsshazaam.com. Reservations 712-1890.
• USA Dance Grand Strand Chapter 6024 luau-themed social dance, 7-10 p.m. with DJ Jim Sterner, at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, for $7 members, otherwise $10. 808-3397 or www.usadancegrandstrand.org.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach