Myrtle Beach man listed as sex offender, charged in sexual assault of 3-year-old boy

troot@thesunnews.comJuly 18, 2013 

Jeffrey Allen Lattimore

— A Myrtle Beach man is facing charges in connection with a 3-year-old boy’s report that he was inappropriately touched by the man, according to an Horry County police report.

Jeffrey Allen Lattimore, 27, of Myrtle Beach is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor and third-degree commit/attempt lewd act. He was booked at J. Reuben Long Detention Center on Wednesday and was being held on $10,000 bail.

The boy said the touching happened in May according to a report from his father, who called Horry County police on June 6 to report the the alleged sexual assault. Police said the victim had been visiting a family member in Conway between May 9 and May 15 and Lattimore was at the home during the time.

The father told officers that his son had made multiple statements about Lattimore inappropriately touching him during that May visit, according to the report. The father contacted his local police department, who told him to contact Horry County police.

The officer wrote in the report that Lattimore is listed on the Horry County Sheriff’s Office sex offender registry.

According to the sheriff’s office registry, Lattimore was convicted in January 2000 in Pennsylvania of sexual assault and indecent assault involving a 6-year-old girl. In July 2009, Lattimore failed to register as a sex offender.

Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723 or follow her at Twitter.com/tonyaroot.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service