Need help? Want to help?
Fundraisers and outreach have been ongoing since before firefighters declared the March 16 blaze in the Carolina Forest area under control. Well be updating this roundup as more information comes in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Beef OBradys | Sunday, 8-11 a.m., 3689 Renee Drive, Myrtle Beach. Pancake breakfast, $10 per plate. All proceeds benefit the victims.
• National BETA Club, Academy for the Arts, Science and Technology | Tuesday, 6 p.m. chicken bog dinner, $6; 7 p.m. talent show, $5 adults/$3 for kids. All proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross. AASTs Academy for Christ also is sponsoring a community toiletry and blanket drive; students and staff will take items to the PLEX. Teachers are paying to participate in Jeans Day, with all proceeds being donated to the Red Cross.
• The Well by the Sea Church | Wednesday, 6 p.m., 211 Forestbrook Road. The Well by the Sea Church is hosting a free dinner for the victims, residents and first responders of the Windsor Green Fire. Call 236-8852 to RSVP or for more information.
• Boston Pizza Plus | Wednesday, dinner hours, 2005 Oak Heart Drive, Myrtle Beach. $10 lasagna or spaghetti dinner; 50 percent of the proceeds goes to the victims.
• Beef OBradys | Thursday, 5-8 p.m. 3689 Renee Drive, Myrtle Beach. Carolina Forest Elementary School is hosting a fundraiser for the victims.
• Coccadotts Cake Shop, 106 Sayebrook Parkway, near Socastee, off S.C. 544 at U.S. 17 Bypass. Fifty percent of all purchases 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday will go to victims relief.
• Shooting for the Stars Basketball Tournament | The Shooting for the Stars basketball tournament at the Carolina Forest Recreation Center will donate 25 percent of door sales and 10 percent of business to the American Red Cross. The tournament is on April 6 from noon to 6 p.m. Tickets cost $4 in advance and will remain $4 for children at the door. Adult door prices jump to $6 the day of the tournament.
• Sonesta ES Suites | Offers a discount on weekly and monthly rates to fire victims and will waive pet fees. The hotel is next to Medieval Times off U.S. 501.
• Quality Inn near Coastal Carolina University | Offers discounted rates and has waived its pet fee for any fire victims with animals, 2376 U.S. 501, Conway.
• VCA Palmetto Animal Hospital | 4808 U.S. 501 in Carolina Forest has free boarding for pets of those affected by the fire. Call 843-903-1900.
• Bi-Lo | Shoppers at stores in Horry and Georgetown counties can scan a donations in $1 and $5 increments at the register with the donation specifically earmarked for the Red Cross efforts to help fire victims. Loose change also welcome. The fundraiser will run through April 2.
• Coastal Orthopedics | Donations made online or at Coastal Orthopedics at 2376 Cypress Circle, Suite 300, will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the practice. Donations can be made online at corthopedics.com/fire-relief. The donations will benefit the victims of the Windsor Green fire by helping the American Red Cross continue to provide food, shelter and emotional support. For more information call 347-7222.
• Carolina Forest Family Eyecare | Will replace eye glasses lost in the fire free of charge. Dr. Thomas J. Weshefsky will donate time for examination if needed or honor a current eyeglass prescription for a frame and single vision frame for free. Proof of residency is required. Call 903-6262 for more information.
• HTC | Customers who have lost their homes due to the fire can contact a customer service representative, 843-365-2154, to help those who need to disconnect billing and will not charge for installation of new service at temporary residences. HTC will also arrange temporary email accounts for those that had broadband so customers can keep their email accounts active and stay in touch with family and businesses.
• Horry County Schools | Anyone willing to donate can do so at any Conway National Bank location, with checks made payable to Horry County Disaster Relief Fund-Carolina Forest. Donations will go to a general fund, or they will be applied specifically to the needs of Horry County Schools students and staff members if indicated by the donor.
• The Salvation Army of Horry County | Salvation Army will be offering financial assistance for help with relocation. To help families relocate to permanent housing, monetary donations can be sent to The Salvation Army, P.O. Box 500, Conway 29528. For credit card donations, call Salvation Army, 843-488-2769, Ext. 27. Food and clothing items can be taken to X Sports Center, 568 George Bishop Parkway, Myrtle Beach 29579, 843-236-0009. The Salvation Army will take all donated items received for fire victims to the X Sports Center. Call Bret McElroy, 843-488-2769.
• Carolina Forest Elementary School | Donations via the schools web page. Go to the Horry County Schools website, www.horrycountyschools.net; select Our Schools from the navigation bar; select the schools name from under Elementary Schools. A button on the right of the schools page will allow a donation to be made.
• First Federal | Opened the Windsor Green Fire Relief Fund with $2,500 to support ongoing American Red Cross efforts. Contributions can be made by visiting any local First Federal Financial Center, including the 7-day-a-week centers in select Wal-Mart locations. First Federal operates 66 offices in coastal South and North Carolina, with 14 located in Horry County. A locations list can be found at www.firstfederal.com.
• Elite Ink Tattoos | 702 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach; accepting donations noon to 8 p.m. Sunday. Call Michael McDonald, 843-448-4708 or 843-421-5350.
• Coastal Carolinas Association of Realtors Community Outreach Committee | Collecting nonperishable food items; toiletries for adults, children and infants; pet food and cat litter. Items may be brought to the groups office, 951 Shine Ave., Myrtle Beach, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 843-626-3638. The group is recommending that property managers contact the American Red Cross directly if there is housing available on a temporary or permanent basis. Those who have been displaced by the fire, please call the Red Cross at 477-0020, and they will be able to assist you.
• North Myrtle Beach Christian School | Holding a food/clothing/toiletry drive. The school is at 9535 S.C. 90, across from Wampee Baptist Church, in Longs; 843-399-7181.
• Verizon Wireless/Goodwill | Collecting nonperishable food items, personal hygiene supplies and clothing that can be dropped off at the Verizon store, 551 Seaboard St. According to Goodwill, the displaced families are in greatest need of new, unused undergarments, including socks, underwear and bras. Verizon will have a charging station available to allow the fire victims to charge their phones, use the Internet or make phone calls. Goodwill will manage distribution of all collected items to the victims in need.
• Benchmark Management | Accepting monetary donations and clothes. Checks must be made out to the American Red Cross: Disaster Relief. Donations will be delivered to the Red Cross so they can be dispersed to the fire victims. Cash donations must be delivered to the American Red Cross, 3531 Pampas Drive, Myrtle Beach. Benchmark Management locations: 414 Main St., North Myrtle Beach 29582; 11943 Grand Haven Drive, Suite C, Murrells Inlet 29576; 1780-1 Chandlers Lane, Sunset Beach, NC 28468.
• Palmetto Academy of Learning and Success | Will deliver items to families in need. Visit palmettoacademy.com or call 843-839-1725.
• Myrtle Beach Ink | 704 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach; accepting donations of clothing, pet food, personal hygiene items and other items.
• Carolina Forest B-team softball player | An individual website has been set up for donations to help an athlete from the team who lost her home. The seventh-grader, who attends Ocean Bay Middle School, lost her cat in the fire, and teammates hope to help fund a new pet, replace softball equipment and other needed items. Go to http://www.gofundme.com/2bta2k.
• Mercy Care | Is collecting donated toiletries and personal care items, like shampoo, soap and deodorant. Boxes will be set up in the reception area at 8216 Devon Court in Myrtle Beach. Items can be dropped off weekdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. by Friday.
• The Lachicotte Company | is accepting donations at two locations: 10554 Ocean Hwy, Pawleys Island and 302 79th Ave N., Myrtle Beach. Contact Laura Cole, 843-979-6714.