Events for Easter and Passover time are hopping as March rounds the corner for April showers and a new season springing into full swing.
Many churches and other groups have egg hunts. Heres a smattering of some main events.
If you go
LIVE CRUCIFIXION, 6:30-8:30 p.m. March 22-23 on hill between S.C. 410 and Fair Bluff Highway in Green Sea community, coordinated by Green Sea Baptist Church, based at 1241 Green Sea Road, Green Sea. 756-2363 or www.greenseabaptist.org.
CONWAY EGG HUNTS, by Conway Parks, Recreation & Tourism: 10 a.m. March 23 in Conway Recreation Complex, near shelter, including an egg race, egg toss, face painting, inflatables, and hunts by age group: ages 1-2 at 11 a.m., 3-5 at 11:15, 6-8 at 11:30, and 9-12 at 11:45 children encouraged to bring own baskets. Also, fourth annual Twi-Light Egg Hunt at about 8 p.m. March 26 in Riverfront Park, for ages 11-13 bring flashlights and baskets. 248-1740 or www.conwayparksand recreation.com.
EASTER EVENTS, March 23-31, at Bass Pro Shops, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for free (361-4800 or www.basspro.com):
• Egg hunts for ages 2-10, 1-2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays; registration opens at 12:30 p.m.
• Childrens crafts make a bunny magnet 1-4 p.m. March 23-24, and make a bunny frame or scratch-art object, 6-8 p.m. March 29 and 1-4 p.m. March 30-31.
• Free photos with Easter Bunny 6-8 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and 1-4 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays.
SPRING/EASTER CRAFT SHOW, noon-6 p.m. March 23 and 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. March 24 at St. Brendan Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W. (U.S. 17), Shallotte, N.C., benefiting needy hungry people in Brunswick County. 910-575-7638.
EASTER EGG-SPLOSION, for ages 2-12, 1-3 p.m. March 23 at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N., Little River, for games, bounce house, 15-foot slide, cookie decorating, clowns and face painting, and egg hunt at 1:30 p.m. Free, but donations welcome. 249-2329.
COMMUNITY SEDER MEAL Kosher dinner buffet, for Passover, 6:30 p.m. March 26 at The Dunes Golf & Beach Club in Myrtle Beach, coordinated by Temple Emanu-El, a Conservative congregation in Myrtle Beach and led by Rabbi Avi Perets. Members: $45 ages 13 and older, $23 ages 4-12, otherwise $55 and $30, respectively, and free for ages 3 and younger. RSVP with check payable to the temple, at 406 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. 449-5552 or www.mbsynagogue.org.
THE LIVING LORDS SUPPER play, based on da Vincis The Last Supper portrait, 7 p.m. March 27-29 at Timberlake Baptist Church, 9850 S.C. 707, just south of Holmestown Road, in Burgess community. Free. 650-9509.
EASTER EGG HUNT CARNIVAL, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. March 29 at Battleship North Carolina, at U.S. routes 17, 74, 76 and 421, in Wilmington, N.C., on south side of Cape Fear River. Egg hunts every 20 minutes, including a slower-pace hunt area for children, including special needs youth, whod like a less stressful environment. Also, a petting zoo hand; bring cameras for photos with Buddy the Battleship Bunny. $5 ages 3 and older, otherwise free. 910-251-5797 or www.battleshipnc.com.
EASTER BUNNY MEET-AND-GREETS/PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES:
• Coastal Grand mall, on U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, through March 30 in center court. 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and noon-6 p.m. Sunday. Various photo packages available. 839-9100 or www.coastalgrand.com.
• Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet, in front of Books-A-Million, arriving 10 a.m. March 23 with Seamore Turtle. Visit 11 a.m.-7 p.m. March 23, 29 and 30; noon -6 p.m. March 24; and 2-6 p.m. March 25-28. Various photo packages available. 651-6990 or www.inletsquaremall.com.
• Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach: noon-4 p.m. March 30 in center court (bring your own camera); also, fireworks at 9 p.m. over Broadway Lake. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthe beach.com.
EASTER BUNNY MEALS:
• Breakfast, egg hunt, crafts and photos, 8-10 a.m. March 30 at Ripleys Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $19.95. Reservations required at 916-0888 or 800-734-8888. www.ripleysaquarium.com.
• Breakfast 9-10:30 a.m. March 30 at Travinia Italian Kitchen, 4011 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, at The Market Common, across from Grand 14 Cinema. $10 and bring own camera for Easter Bunny photos. Reservations required at 233-8500. www.traviniaitalian kitchen.com.
• Breakfast 9-10:30 a.m. March 30 at Hard Rock Cafe, at Broadway at the Beach, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. $9.95 ages 3 and older, otherwise free. 946-0007 or www.hardrock.com/ myrtlebeach.
• Brunch and egg hunt on March 30: 9-11 a.m. or 12:30-2:30 p.m., at Childrens Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach (also accessible from Oak Street), for $12. Pre-registration due March 26 at 946-9469. www.cmsckids.org.
• Hot Rod Promotions fourth annual Easter Car Show & Picnic, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. March 30 at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, for park admission $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15 plus $10 registration and covered dish for picnic. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Car Clubs fourth annual Easter Car Show, benefiting local charities, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. March 30 (registration at 9 a.m. for $20; 48 trophies scheduled) at Lakewood Camping Resort, 5837 U.S. 17 S., between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
Compiled by Steve Palisin, email@example.com