Rice offers victims help to replace Social Security cards, other federal documents

sjones@thesunnews.comMarch 18, 2013 

  • More information

    To get help:

    •  Call Rice’s Myrtle Beach office at 445-6459 •  Go to his office at 2411 N. Oak St., Suite 405

— U.S. Congressman Tom Rice said Monday that fire victims who have lost and need help replacing federal documents can find it through his office at 2411 N. Oak St., Suite 405, or by calling the office at 445-6459.

Rice said the office further will assist victims in finding agencies or groups that can offer other help when his office can’t.

Rice said that people likely lost things such as Social Security cards and passports as well as other federal documents in the fire that destroyed 26 buildings in Windsor Green Saturday night. The office will also assist victims in changing addresses for any federal program they are enrolled in, including Social Security and Medicare.

Contact STEVE JONES at 444-1765.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service