• Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County, March 21, third Thursday of each month, 5:30 p.m., Martin's Restaurant, 7200 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. For more information, contact Pam Heller 843-497-5020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The organization’s 2013 Scholarship Essay Contest deadline for entries is April 5. An application form and rules are available at our website www.dwchc.com. This year’s theme is “Democrats Represent Me Because…” To place an ad in this year’s booklet, contact Sally P. Howard at SallyPHoward@aol.com. For more information, contact Pam Heller 843-497-5020 or email@example.com.
West Side Democrats, March 28, fourth Thursday of the month, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Horry County Democratic Party Headquarters, 900 4th Avenue, downtown Conway. For more information, contact the CPD office at 843-488-4237.
Happy Hour, March 28, 5-7 pm. Pine Lakes Tavern, 5201 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. For more information contact Judy Parker 843-839-3811.
• Waccamaw Neck Republican Club will have its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Pawleys Island Branch Library, 24 Commerce Drive.
The meeting will include a panel discussion on the new health care law. Speakers will include Bruce Bailey, CEO of Georgetown Hospital Systems; Senator Raymond Cleary, and State Representative Stephen Goldfinch. A question and answer period will follow the presentations.
The public is invited to attend. For more information contact Jerry Rovner at (843) 235-0463.
• The Greater Carolina Forest Republican Women's Club will meet at 10 a.m. Monday at Longbeard's Restaurant, 5040 Carolina Forest Blvd. The keynote speaker will be Charm Altman, president of the South Carolina Federation of Republican Women. Altman will discuss topics including the recent National Federation of Republican Women's Board meeting and items of concern and interest to South Carolina Republicans.
Judy Clarke, president of the Georgetown Republican Women also will attend.
Men are welcome and may join the club as associate members. There will be a $5 breakfast buffet available.Contact Jan McDonald at 236-7799 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Horry County GOP will have 2013 precinct reorganization meetings from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.on Thursday, March 21, at various locations. The makeup date for precinct reorganization will be March 28 at 6 p.m. at HCGOP Headquarters at the Founders Centre, 2411 Oak Street, Myrtle Beach.
The precinct reorganization will be the topic in five locations:
• North Myrtle Beach at J Byron Floyd Recreation Center, 1030 Possum Trot Rd, North Myrtle Beach. Site managers: Cleo Steele 843-249-3490 and Terry Fletcher 843-655-2088.
• Myrtle Beach precincts, First Baptist Church, 500 4th Avenue, Myrtle Beach. Site managers: Mallory Morris 843-457-9435 and Johnnie Bellamy 843-488-4445.
• Carolina Forest precincts, Grand Strand Baptist Church, 350 Hospitality Lane, Myrtle Beach. Site leaders: Jan McDonald 843-236-7799 and Sara Owid 843.236.3447.
• South Strand precincts, Burgess Recreation Center, 10299 Hwy 707, Myrtle Beach. Site managers: Chuck Ottwell 843-651-8030 and Liston Wells 843-457-3004.
• Aynor / Conway, Sidewheeler, 110 Main Street (Under the Bridge), Conway. Site managers: Sandra Doyle 843-241-1859 and Paul Grimm 843-365-1151.