Myrtle Beach man facing two attempted murder charges in shooting

troot@thesunnews.comFebruary 20, 2013 

— A Myrtle Beach man surrendered to police Tuesday to face two attempted murder and a weapons charge in connection with a shooting earlier this month, according to authorities.

Antonio Felip Campbell, 30, of Myrtle Beach was taken into custody at 12:10 p.m. Tuesday at the Myrtle Beach Police Department to face two attempted murder charges and a possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime charge, police said.

Campbell is being held at the Myrtle Beach Jail pending a bond hearing.

Myrtle Beach police were called at 4:45 p.m. Feb. 12 after a woman reported she saw a black Lincoln going west bound on Nance Street and a man fired three gunshots from the car, according to a police report. The witness said her 29-year-old son and his girlfriend were in a nearby vehicle and she believed the gunman may have tried to shoot her son.

The woman filed the report with police, but her son did not speak to police and did not want any police involvement in the incident, according to the report. Police searched the area for the gunman, but did not find him.

Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723 or follow her at Twitter.com/tonyaroot.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service