HARTSVILLE After an exhausting run just to make the playoffs, the Bulldogs ran out of steam on Tuesday night.
Georgetown – fresh off a play-in victory over St. James on Friday – lost 84-66 to Hartsville in the first round of the Class AAA playoffs.
The Bulldogs were the fourth seed out of a hotly-contested Region VII via the win over the Sharks.
“They put up a good fight,” Bulldogs coach Alvin Walker said of his players. “I’m really proud of these guys.”
Anthony Blair (19 pts, 10 rebounds) and Charlie McGirt (10 points, 10 rebounds) led the way for Georgetown.
Senior guard Jaylen Shaw scored a game-high 35 points in the win.
• GEORGETOWN (66) – Dae’Quan Gibson 10, Stepfon Cuttino 7, AJ Walker 8, Anthony Blair 19, Michael Billings 10, Charlie McGirt 10.
• HARTSVILLE (84) – Jackson 9, Shaw 35, Ingram 17, Gattison 2, Smith 8, Copeland 6, Jort 6.
• 3-point goals: Georgetown (Players); Hartsville 7 (Shaw 6, Jort). Team fouls: Georgetown 16, Hartsville 25. Fouled out: Ingram. Technical fouls: None.
• Records: Georgetown 16-11, Hartsville 24-2
High school girls basketball
• North Augusta 63, Carolina Forest 48 | Ashleigh Turner had a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds, but it wasn’t enough as the as the second-seeded Panthers were eliminated from the Class AAAA playoffs.
• NORTH AUGUSTA (63) – B. Dix 4, A. Houston 4, A. Blocker 1, J. Coach 22, B. Trowell 3, B. Hightower 2, C. Mathews 2, J. Fenders 5, M. Stone 20.
• CAROLINA FOREST (48) – Erica Gazzani 4, Christina Wright 6, Kia Brisbon 7, Marisa Runyon 15, Ashleigh Turner 16.
• 3-point goals: North Augusta 1 (Fenders ); Carolina Forest 6 (Gazzani, Runyon 5). Team fouls: North Augusta 13, Carolina Forest 10. Fouled out: None. Technical fouls: None.
• Records: North Augusta 13-6, 6-4, Carolina Forest (7-16 4-4)
• (At) Lake City 60, Waccamaw 33 | The fourth-seeded Warriors saw their season end in the first round of the Class AA playoffs.
High school boys basketball
• (At) C.E. Murray 59, Green Sea Floyds 54 | The third-seeded Trojans bowed out in the first round of the Class A playoffs.
CCU women’s golf
• SORRENTO, Fla. Coastal Carolina’s Brittany Henderson shot a final-round 1-over 73 to finish tied for eighth at even-par (216) in the UCF Challenge. The Chanticleers finished 12th as a team after a 13-over 301 Tuesday.
CCU finished at 39-over 903 overall, 49 shots behind champion North Carolina.
Coastal’s Lena Schaeffner (80) tied for 54th (228), Jessica Alexander (75) tied for 70th (232), Marissa Hinchman (75) tied for 73rd (233) and Frida Castillo (78) tied for 87th (237).
MYRTLE BEACH Johnson Holliday of Galivants Ferry fell in a playoff for the overall title to Victor Wiggins of Gastonia, N.C., in a National Junior Golf Tour event this past weekend at The Dunes Golf and Beach Club.
Johnson shot a 2-under-par 70 in the final round to make up a three-stroke deficit to Wiggins and force the playoff at 2-over 146. In the playoff, Johnson’s second shot from the corner of a divot in the fairway plugged in a bunker and Wiggins won with a par. Johnson was 6 under on par-5s in the two rounds.
Myrtle Beach residents Cole Swezey and Michael Leftis tied for eighth at 162 and Enzo Farrar finished 10th at 164. In the girls division, Myrtle Beach’s Jamie Karl was second at 185 and Cameron Crutchfield was third at 196.