• Nicolle Gainey has joined Yadkin Valley Bank and Trust as a reverse mortgage specialist.
• Eileen Fleming-Patonay has joined Waccamaw Regional Education Center as coordinator.
• Bobby Altman has joined Interactivity Marketing as a designer.
• Nancy Gerber has joined Novant Medical Group as a primary care physician of Comprehensive Medical Associates in Southport, N.C.
• Larry Brenneman has been promoted to vice president and general manager of BB Beverage Inc., which owns Beach Discount Beverages, Surf Beverage and Pawleys Island Wine & Spirits.
• Jennifer Beecroft of Beach Discount Beverages has been promoted to manager.
• Careers On Purpose, LLC has opened a career coaching business. For information, call 685-4688.
• Linda Calvanico has opened Brickhouse Cardio Club in Surfside Beach at 510-C Highway 17. For information, call 655-0839.
• Freddie Rose Salon has opened in the Grande Dunes Marketplace. For information, call 848-6785.
• Charles G. Sasser, director of palliative care services at Conway Medical Center, was named a recipient of the 2013 Hastings Center Cunniff-Dixon Physician Award.
• James Johnson of Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors has received Circle of Excellence Club achievement; Steve Starnes has received Charles E. Merrill Club achievement; Jeremy Finger has received Chairman’s Club achievement; Ryan DiMaria and Scott Hurston have received President’s Club achievement and Craig Wahl has received Executive’s Club achievement.
• Larry Brenneman, partner in BB Beverage, Inc., has recently acquired interest in Surf Beverage of Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island Wine & Spirits of Pawleys Island.
Get your item in Business Pulse by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.