There are lots of food events (my personal favorite) coming up over the next few weeks, as well as some pre-Valentine’s Day activities. Here’s what’s happening that’s free or cheap in and around Myrtle Beach:
Saturday and Sunday
• Michaels at 504 Seaboard St. is holding a “Make a Valentine” family event from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Bring the family and create a handmade valentine for free.
• You can sample food from more than 20 area restaurants at the inaugural “Taste of the Inlet” on Sunday from 6 to 9 p.m. at Inlet Square mall next to Books-a-Million. Tickets are $5 in advance; $8 at the door. Samples are $2 to $4 each. You can buy advance tickets online at http://www.murrellsinletsc.com/upcoming-events.php or by phone 357-2007.
• Williams-Sonoma at The Market Common is hosting a free cooking technique class at 2 p.m. on Sunday. This week’s class is “Flavors of Morocco.” You’ll learn how to make couscous and other Moroccan favorites.
• On Sunday, Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse is offering all customers a 50 discount on their dinner buffet. No coupon required. The doors open at noon.
• Gordon Biersch at The Market Common is hosting a Snowbird Social beginning at noon. Tickets are $15. Reservations are required; call 839-0249. This event includes lunch at Gordon Biersch, dessert and Bingo.
• Castano’s Italian Steakhouse at Barefoot Landing is hosting a “Barefoot Ladies Night” from 4 to 8 p.m. Admission is free. For a $5 donation to the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach, you’ll get a free glass of wine. Barefoot Landing merchants will be set up in the restaurant selling Valentine’s Day gifts. There will also be food and drink specials and prize giveaways.
• From 9 a.m. to noon, all Home Depot locations will be holding a free workshop for kids ages 5-12. The kids will be building a valentine card holder.
JULIE HENRY is a freelance writer, editor and project manager. She owns and operates Myrtle Beach on the Cheap. http://www.myrtlebeachonthecheap.com/