Conway police have charged a 15-year-old with murder and two counts of attempted murder in connection with a shooting earlier this month in the Sugar Hill community of the city, said Catina Hipp, public information officer.
The juvenile surrendered to police Friday evening without incident and was taken to the S.C. Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia, Hipp said.
The charges stem from a shooting that occurred about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 7 at a home in the 2000 block of Sixth Avenue in Conway, according to authorities.
Sylvester Lorenzo Bell Jr., 36, of Conway was pronounced dead at 12:04 p.m. Tuesday at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center from a gunshot wound to the head, which he suffered during the incident, Horry County Senior Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said.
When police arrive at the house they found Bell had been shot along with another man, who suffered gunshot wounds to his left leg. That man was treated and released from Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
Few details have been released about the shooting and police continued their investigation, Hipp said Monday.
It was unclear how police connected the juvenile to the shooting and if additional suspects are being sought.
Anyone with information about the shooting can call Conway police at 248-1790.
Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723 or follow her at Twitter.com/tonyaroot.