• Myrtle Beach Tea Party will hold all of its meetings in the first quarter of 2013 from 6-8 p.m. at the Capriz Italian Feast, 1311 Celebrity Circle, at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. An open meeting will be on Monday, and a special meeting for elections for members only will be Jan. 28
For more information visit www.mbTeaParty.net. Call Jim Gunn at 602-4281 for information.
• Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County will meet 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Martin’s Restaurant, 7200 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, at the corner of 73rd and North Ocean Boulevard. For more information, contact Pam Heller at 497-5020 or email@example.com
• Horry Grand Strand Dems ’ Friday meeting is cancelled. The group will meet Feb. 15, the third Friday of the month, at Friendly’s Restaurant at the intersection of 47th Avenue North and Highway 17 at 12:30 p.m. For more information contact Bea Catalano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• West Side Democrats will meet 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Jan. 24 at the Horry County Democratic Party Headquarters, 900 4th Ave., in downtown Conway. For more information, contact the HCDP office at 488-4237.
• Horry County Democrats will hold a presidential inaugural gala Saturday at the Finklea Community Center, 3501 Highway 917, in Loris. The event begins at 8 p.m. Dress is formal. Donation is $35.00 per person.
For more Information call: Billie Johnson at 756-7240, Tony at 284-6729 or William Stackhouse at 703-887-4277.
• The Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County is sponsoring its annual scholarship essay contest for 2013. This year’s essay theme is “Democrats Represent Me Because…”
Graduating high school seniors and undergraduate college students who are registered voters in Horry County are eligible to enter to win one of two $1,000 scholarships. The Democratic Women’s Council scholarship program has awarded more than $20,000 in scholarships since it began in 2007.
Essays must be received no later than April 5. Contest application and a complete set of rules and criteria are available at the DWCHC website– www.dwchc.com. Information is also available by contacting Essay Committee Chair Milly Vaughn at email@example.com.
A booklet containing all the winning essays will be published, with ad sales in the booklet and other fundraising activities of the Council going to support the scholarships.
For more information about the scholarship contest or booklet, contact Sally Howard at 455-1936 or by email at SallyPHoward@aol.com.
• Greater Carolina Forest Republican Women’s Club will hold its first meeting of 2013 at 10 a.m. Jan. 21 at Longbeards Restaurant, 5040 Carolina Forest Blvd.
Joe DeFeo, chairman for the Horry County Board of Education, will speak about security issues in schools as well as programs aimed at improving the quality of education in the Carolina Forest area.
Karen Mcllrath, school board member for District 2, which includes Carolina Forest and Myrtle Beach, will address issues associated with her recent trip to China with other school board members and her involvement in robotic programs in our schools.
There will be a $5 breakfast buffet available. Everyone is invited. Men are welcome and may join as associate members. For more information contact Jan McDonald at 236-7799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.