• Marrika Smith joined Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union as a teller at the 21st Avenue North branch in Myrtle Beach.
• Mike Pipkins has been named director of Information Technology and Systems at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
• Ruth Keilen and Angie Weaver have joined Mercy Care as business development specialists.
• South Atlantic Bank has merited a 5-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, Inc.
• The 2012 Hospitality Industry Awards were presented by the Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association: Hotelier of the Year, Donald C. Hovis, Jr. of Springmaid Beach Resort; Restaurateur of the Year, Stephanie Bohardt of Sonic; Front Line Employee of the Year, Joanne Janes of Marina Inn at Grande Dunes; Heart of the House Employee of the Year, Jeannie Cartner of Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort; Hospitality Services Member of the Year, Stephen O’Neill and Chad Richardson of Genco Incorporated; and Hospitality Ambassador of the Year, Ellen Calhoun of A&I Fire and Water Restoration.
• Introz, a business that hosts events for singles, has launched in the Myrtle Beach area. The fist event will be on Jan. 26 at the Myrtle Beach Train Depot. For more information, visit www.introz.net or call 843-808-5888
• Joshua D. Spencer has been elected shareholder of Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A.
• Michael P. Leddy has joined Carolina Financial Corp.’s board of directors.
Get your item in Business Pulse by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.