Conway woman charged in December armed robbery

troot@thesunnews.comJanuary 9, 2013 

MYRTLE BEACH Conway police charged a 21-year-old woman in a robbery where a man was robbed of cash, a cell phone, and his car last month in the city, according to authorities.

Deaungela Shanta Latrice Montgomory of Conway was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center at 2:23 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of armed robbery, according to jail records. She was being held on $20,000 bail.

Police said a man called them 11:30 p.m. Dec. 28 to report an armed robbery on Singleton Street, according to and incident report. The victim said he gave a female acquaintance a ride and waited for her at her request.

While waiting, the man said he became uncomfortable and was preparing to leave, when a man pointed a gun at his face through the open passenger door, according to the report. The victim said he was forced out of the car and onto the ground at gunpoint.

The victim told police the suspects took $6, his phone and then ordered him into the trunk of the car, but he ran instead to a home on Ward Circle and called police, according to the report. The man said he knew woman’s first name and where she lived.

Officers went to her address on Singleton Street and later found the victim’s car near Taylor Square, according to the report. Police identified the woman as Montgomory, whose name is spelled Montgomery in the report.

No information was available about the second suspect.

Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service