• Democratic and Independent voters in southern Horry County are invited to a pair of discussions this week on how to get and stay involved in local political activities and community issues.
The meetings will be 2 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday. Both meetings happen the Surfside Library, 410 Surfside Drive.
For information, contact Joan Furlong, 843-712-1761.
• Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County will hold a holiday get together on Thursday at Martin’s Restaurant, 7200 North Ocean Blvd., in Myrtle Beach.
Appetizers will be provided and there will be a cash bar. For more information, contact Pam Heller at 497-5020 or email@example.com
• West Side Dems will have a combined November-December meeting on Thursday . Regular meetings will resume on Jan. 24. The group will meet at the Horry County Democratic Party Headquarters, 900 4th Ave. in downtown Conway from 5:30 to 7 pm. For more information, contact the HCDP office at 488-4237
• Beach Dems will have Horry County Councilman Marion Foxworth as a speaker during a meeting on Dec. 14 at Akels Pancake House at the corner of 65th Avenue North and Kings Highway
The meeting will be from 8 to 9 a.m. Foxworth is the council representative from District 3.
For more information contact Sally P. Howard at 843-455-1936.
• Northwest Action Dems will meet Saturday at Kingston Lake Educational Building, 3410 Church St. in Loris, in the back of the building.
The meeting begins at 10 a.m. For more information, call Lutie Floyd at 756-0138. Everyone is welcome.
• North Strand Democratic will meet Dec. 11 at Mick & Mikes Sports Bar, 1008 Highway 17 S. in North Myrtle Beach
The meeting will be from 6 to 7 p.m. For information, contact Brian or Roberta at 272-6454.
• South Enders will not meet in December, but will meet Jan. 10 at The Borgata Restaurant, 813 Surfside Drive in Surfside Beach.
For more information about the meeting, contact Steve Chand by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them on the web at www.southenders.org.
• The South Strand Republican Club will be celebrating the Christmas-Hanukkah holiday season with its annual holiday party on Dec. 12 at Angelo’s Steak & Pasta House, 2011 S. Kings Hwy.
The tentative featured, honored guest for the event, which begins at 6:30 p.m., is Rep. Tim Scott. The club will pay tribute to Scott for the constituent service he provided for the residents of the First Congressional District. Scott will no longer be representing the South Strand beginning January 2013.
The cost of the celebration, which will feature music and dinner, is $30 per person including tax, tip and one glass of wine.
Please make reservations early by calling Chuck Ottwell 651-8030.