• Alison Mann joined the South Carolina Governor's School for Science and Mathematics Foundation as director of marketing.
• Jennifer Terzo has been named business office director at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
• Courtney B. Hicks of South Atlantic Bank has been promoted to assistant vice president.
• Robert Bates of Lamar Advertising Co. has been named vice president/ general manager of the Myrtle Beach office.
• Jules Anderson of Anderson Insurance Associates has been named the Hayne P. Glover Jr. Agent of the Year.
• Palmetto Corp. of Conway has been named one of South Carolina’s largest privately owned companies by the Grant Thornton South Carolina 100. It was ranked 56th.
• Lamar Media Corp., a subsidiary of Lamar Outdoor Advertising, has acquired the outdoor advertising division of NextMedia Group, including NextMedia’s office in Myrtle Beach, which has more than 20 employees and manages more than 1,200 billboards in the market. The $145 million purchase included offices in eight states.
• Amanda Masterpaul, Susan Strickland and Erin Yarbro, members of the South Carolina Chapter of Community Associations Institution, have been awarded the Professional Community Association Manager designations.
• Mark A. Nash of Georgetown and Willie C. “Booty” Shelley of Murrells Inlet have been appointed to the Georgetown Hospital System Board of Trustees.
Get your item in Business Pulse by emailing it to email@example.com.