CAROLINA TALENT SEARCH entries accepted through Dec. 7, $25, maximum four-minute sets, for Carolina African American Heritage Foundations A Musical Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 4-9 p.m. Jan. 19 at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center. Application at carolinaafricanheritagefoundation.org/2013-mlk-event/carolina-talent-search/. Details at 251-2061, 803-873-2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FESTIVE BRASS OF MYRTLE BEACH. New members welcome: Rehearsals 7 p.m. Mondays at First United Methodist Church, 904 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 293-6162 or festivebrassofmyrtlebeach.org.
GRAND STRAND HARMONY CHORUS/SWEET ADELINES. Women of all ages sought for Christmas caroling program, with weekly rehearsals at Surfside United Methodist Church, 800 13th Ave. N., Surfside Beach, with performances in December at retirement and life-care communities in Horry County. Free, and membership not required. 650-0625, 650-7323 or www.gsharmonychorus.com.
LOW COUNTRY BARBERSHOP CHORUS. Men sought. Rehearsals 7:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. 357-0167, 855-3456 or email email@example.com.
* MURRELLS INLET COMMUNITY THEATRE, auditions for several one-act and 10-minute plays for Second Stage repertory troupe, 2-4 p.m. Dec. 1-2 at 4450 Murrells Inlet Road. 651-4152 or mictheatre.com.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH COMMUNITY BAND. New members welcome. 488-6742, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.nmbcommunityband.com.
PAWLEYS ISLAND CONCERT BAND. Experienced brass, woodwind and percussion musicians welcome, without auditions, for rehearsals for fall and holiday seasons at 7 p.m. Tuesdays through mid-December at Litchfield Exchange in Litchfield Beach, behind Applewood Pancake House. Musical selections include works of Fucik, Handel, John Williams, Leroy Anderson, Vince Guaraldi, John Lennon and Paul McCartney. 274-5991, www.pawleysislandconcertband.org or email@example.com.
ROCKNETTES, senior chorus line, seeks women ages 50 and older with a background in dance. 497-4094.
DANCE JAM PARTY, for adults 8-11 p.m. final Friday monthly, with a lesson and food and beverages, at By the Sea Dance-Fitness-Music, 1145 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. $10. 800-299-9050.
DANCELINK USA. Weekly dances: Tuesdays, beginner shag 6:30 p.m., and intermediate 7:30 p.m., each $10 at DanceLink USA studio, 109 Cedar Ave., North Myrtle Beach; and Wednesdays, country couples beginner 6:30 p.m. and intermediate 7 p.m., each $7 at Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center Brick House Lounge, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. 281-1102 or www.dancelinkusa.com.
FITNESS N FRIENDZ, 353 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach, between Golden Egg and Fat Jacks, Zumba classes almost daily for $5, and other dance fitness classes such as Barre Fitness and Sassy in the City, each $9. 796-0336 or www.fitnessnfriendz.com.
GRAND STRAND BEACH BALLROOM DANCERS, monthly dances, next one, celebrating 17th anniversary, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, with music by Harlequin at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $7; bring snacks for your table only; maximum eight people per table. 903-3765.
GRAND STRAND STRUTTERS, 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, but not fifth week of the month, at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 215-0141.
GRAND STRAND USA DANCE, CHAPTER 6024, ballroom classes Mondays at Anaerobic Studio, in Myrtle Beach mall at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres; enter in rear of mall, by Bass Pro Shops: beginners 6 p.m., intermediate 7 p.m.; $7 members, otherwise $9. 283-0007 or 602-7197. Next social ballroom dance 7-10 p.m. Dec. 8 at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, in Christmas theme, includes music by Steve & Alyce. Men asked to wear jacket and tie, women evening attire. Bring dish to share; beverages supplied; singles welcome; $7 members, otherwise $10. 808-3397 or www.usadancegrandstrand.org.
LETS DANCE, 5221 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. Private and group lessons in ballroom and Latin. 997-2300 or www.letsdancemb.com.
LINE DANCING CLASSES:
• Beginners and easy intermediate, 1:30-4 p.m. Mondays at The Marlin, 614 Atlantic Ave., Garden City Beach, across from Kroger side entrance. $3. 450-4299.
• Beginners, 10-11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at South Strand Recreation Center, 9650 Scipio Lane, south of Holmestown Road, in Burgess community, just past the Horry County offices. $20 for eight sessions, or $5 for one. 915-5333 or 450-4299.
• Beginners 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays and high beginner/easy intermediate 6-8 p.m. Mondays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3 each. 651-4603.
• Intermediate, 10 a.m.-noon Wednesdays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3. 455-0442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginners and Beginner Plus 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Calabash Elks Lodge, 937 Carter Drive, Calabash, N.C. $4. 222-6600.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH CLASSES, at J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road: classes in Zumba, clogging, ballroom, shag, line dancing. 280-5570 or parks.nmb.us. Also: Jazzercise and body sculpting; 249-5828 or email email@example.com. Prices and times vary.
RJR BALLROOM CO., weekly dance events include 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Sundays at Senor Frogs at Broadway at the Beach. $10 cover. 808-1634, www.dancemyrtlebeach.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAND DOLLAR SQUARES AND ROUND DANCE CLUB, Western-style square dances 7-9 p.m. Mondays at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach; $5. 236-9909 or 374-4740.
WINE DANCING, led by Wanda and Jim York, 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, and 2:30-6 p.m. Sundaysat Silver Coast Winery, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., for $5 each. Details at 910-287-4243, 732-470-8612, www.countrylinedancing.com or email Wandafull1@hotmail.com; or winery: 910-287-2800 or www.silvercoastwinery.com.
ZUMBA WITH LINDA C., 9:30-10:30 a.m. Mondays-Fridays, at Surfside Bowl Centers Brick House Lounge, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. $5 per class. 655-0839 or www.zumbawithlindac.com.
ART CLASSES, in paint or pastel and charcoal, taught 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Fridays by Stuart Fleishman at North Myrtle Beachs J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road; $85 for four classes, or $25 per class; 213-1037.
ART CLASSES at Anaerobic Studio, in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22 near Briarcliffe Acres. Four weekly classes by Stuart Fleishman in drawing charcoals and pastels starting 6-9 p.m. Oct. 15 (Mondays), brush and pallet knife painting in acrylic 1-3:30 p.m. Oct. 17 (Wednesdays), open painting studio 1-4 p.m. Oct. 18 (Thursdays), each for $85 for four classes, or $25 per class, plus supplies. 272-0229.
CINEMARK SPECIAL EVENTS, at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach; 839-3225. Special showings each $12.50 adult, $11.50 senior/student, $10.50 child:
• TCM presents To Kill A Mockingbird 2 and 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Bon Jovi: Inside Out 8 p.m. Nov. 27
• Star Trek: Next Generation 7 p.m. Nov. 29
Classics, each at 2 and 7 p.m. each at regular prices: matinees $6 adults,$5.75 senior/child, and evenings $8 adult, $7 local/student/military, and $5.75 senior/child:
• UFC 154: St Pierre vs. Condit 10 p.m. Saturday, for $15/$14/$13
• Met Live encore, The Tempest 6:30 p.m. Nov. 28, for $22/$20/$15, respectively
• Hot Rod Promotions, for all cars, free: noon-3 p.m. Saturday at Rosa Lindas Cafe, 3415 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club, free: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Saturday at Maggi Ds Restaurant, 407 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach, across from Coastal Grand mall; and 1-4 p.m. Sunday at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, 101 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
GRAND STRAND MODEL RAILROADERS INC., club site, in Myrtle Beach mall, three doors from Bass Pro Shops, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, 4-7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays. Also open extra hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 23-24, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 25, and 3-7 p.m. Nov 26. Free. 297-7162 or 293-4386.
PALMETTO STREET ROLLERGIRLS, flat-track derby league. Next bout: Deck the Dolls Invitational, benefiting Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach, 6 p.m. Dec. 1 at Dream Land Skating Arena, near Conway; $10 adults ($8 in advance, online), $6 children/seniors. or email email@example.com.
Admission varies by site.
• Dream Land Skating Arena, 4475 Privetts Road, east of U.S. 701, north of Conway; open Tuesdays and Thursdays-Sundays; details at 369-2055 or www.dreamlandskatingarena.com.
• Fun Warehouse Family Fun Center, 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), between Socastee and Surfside Beach, a half-mile east of U.S. 17 Bypass; open daily; 748-0302 or www.funwarehousemb.com.
WATERCOLOR CLASSES, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Franklin G. Burroughs Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach; six classes for $84 or $16 for drop-in. Call Susan Duke, instructor: 251-3877.
Prices, times vary by site, program.
* ALABAMA THEATRE, at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. The Souths Grandest Christmas Show through Dec. 31, and guest concerts, 7 p.m.: Eddie Miles An Elvis Christmas Dec. 2 and James Gregory Dec. 9. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
ATLANTIC STAGE, at 79th Avenue Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Durang Durang, two Plays by Christopher Durang, through Nov. 25: 7:30 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
* BRUNSWICK LITTLE THEATRE. Stagestruck Players Dorothy Meets Alice or The Wizard of Wonderland, through Sunday at Playhouse 211, 4320 Southport-Supply Road (N.C. 211). $17 adults, $12 ages 13-17, $6 ages 12 and younger. 910-200-7785 or playhouse211.com, and brunswicklittletheatre.com. 910-755-7416, 800-754-1050, ext. 7416, www.bccowa.com, brunswicklittletheatre.com and www.playhouse211.com.
* CALVIN GILMORE THEATRE, on U.S. 17 Business, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. The Carolina Opry Christmas Special, through Jan. 5, and Light daily. 913-4000, 800-843-6779 or www.thecarolinaopry.com.
* CAROLINA IMPROV COMPANY, based at Uptown in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Whose Beach Is It Anyway? Friday-Saturday and Whose Holiday Is It Anyway? opening Nov. 23, each $14 ages 12 and older, $12 ages 4-11; and Dysfunctional Holiday Gathering, for ages 18 and older, opening Nov. 21, for $14. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
* CHRISTMAS AT PIRATES VOYAGE FUN, FEAST & ADVENTURE, on U.S. 17 Bypass, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Business in Myrtle Beach. Through Dec. 31.497-9700, 800-433-4401 or www.piratesvoyage.com.
COMEDY CABANA, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. Killer Beaz through Saturday, $17.50 advance; open-mic competitions Tuesdays through Dec. 4, for $5 each; and Manny Oliveira Wednesday-Nov. 24, $15. 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
GHOSTS AND LEGENDS THEATRE, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, including ghost shows and walks, and Skool 4 Pirates. Open 10 a.m. daily. 361-2700 or www.ghostshows.com.
* THE GRAND THEATRE, 301 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. Dinner shows The Marvelous Wonderettes Holiday Prom through Dec. 11, and Dinos TV Christmas Special through Dec. 20. 808-9188, 800-252-5642 or www.thegrandtheatre.us.
* LEGENDS IN CONCERT, U.S. 17 Bypass, off 29th Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Christmastime tributes to Elvis Presley, Celine Dion, Alan Jackson, Johnny Mathis, and the Blues Brothers, through Dec. 31. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 or www.legendsinconcert.com.
* MEDIEVAL TIMES DINNER & TOURNAMENT, off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, 6 p.m. several nights per week. $50.95 ages 13 and older, $30.95 ages 12 and younger. 236-8080, 800-436-4386 or www.medievaltimes.com.
* THE PALACE THEATRE, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 21st Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach. Christmas on Ice and Rock Around the Clock through Dec. 29.448-0588, 888-841-2787 or www.palacemb.com.
* SWAMP FOX PLAYERS STRAND CINEMA, Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com. Foreign film showcase, each $5 members, otherwise $7:
• Queen of Versailles (2012) 7 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 24
• Moonrise Kingdom (2012) 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 7 p.m. Nov. 24
• In a Better World (2010) 7 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 pm. Nov. 25
• Margaret (2011) 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Nov. 23
• Bernie (2011) 7 p.m. Nov. 30 and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 8
• Wedding Banquet (1993) 2:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 7 p.m. Dec. 8
• Being Flynn (2012) 7 p.m. Dec. 1 and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 9
• Where Do We Go Now? (2011) 2:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 7 p.m. Dec. 14
• Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012) 7 p.m. Dec. 7 and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 15
• Certified Copy (2010) 7 p.m. Dec. 14 and Dec. 16.
THEATRE OF THE REPUBLIC, at Main Street Theatre, 337 Main. St., Conway. Holiday on Main Street: Twas the Night Before Christmas Dec. 7-22. $18 advance, $20 at door. Also, Movies on Main Street, $5 each, all 7 p.m.: Miracle on 34th Street Nov. 20, A Christmas Story Dec. 10, Its a Wonderful Life Dec. 17 and White Christmas Dec. 19. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
* ANDY OWINGS SCHOOL OF MUSIC & PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. Coastal Grand Symphony Fall Concert 3 p.m. Saturday, Yamaha Clavinova Fun Festival for pianists 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 8 (register by Nov. 27), and Christmas Music Recital 2 p.m. Dec. 16 (participants signup closes Dec. 7). All free. 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
CAROLINA MASTER CHORALE, 30th anniversary season Passion and Pearls continues with Feliz Navidad: Christmas from Spain and Latin America: 4 p.m. Dec. 15 at Seaside United Methodist Church, 1300 Seaside Road, Sunset Beach, N.C., and 4 p.m. Dec. 16 at Trinity Episcopal Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. $35 adults, $30 seniors, $10 students younger than 25 with ID. 444-5774 or www.carolinamasterchorale.com.
* CULTURAL COUNCIL OF GEORGETOWN COUNTY, Art & Appetizers on making Thanksgiving table decorations, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday in council's Clocktower classroom, on Front Street in Georgetown, for $20, or $15 for members; reservations due noon Monday. Also, Third Tuesday Treasures concert series at 7 p.m. Tuesday with holiday concert by pianist Ann Miles and friends at Holy Cross Faith Memorial Church, 85 Baskerville Drive, Litchfield Beach, west of U.S. 17; free. 520-0744 or www.culturalcouncil.info.
FPC CONCERTS, season tickets for $30 available for 27th season beginning Jan. 10, at First Presbyterian Church; 1300 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496.
GRAND STRAND OPERA WORKSHOP, meetings 6 p.m. second Monday monthly at Brightwater, off International Drive and S.C. 31. Annual dues $25 individual, or $35 for family/couple; first meeting free for guests. 385-3963 or 215-4959, and Brightwater at 903-8300.
GRAND STRAND BLUES SOCIETY, Blues Jams, 7-11 p.m. Thursdays at SBB Original, 3393 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet; 651-7960 or suckbangblow.com.
HOUSE OF BLUES, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. The Waiting Friday, 8:30 p.m.; Waka Flocka Flame Saturday, 9 p.m.; Slippery When Wet Nov. 23, 8:30 p.m.; Megadeth Nov. 24, 8:30 p.m.; Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays-Saturdays for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com). 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
LARRY ELLIOTT MEMORIAL SOUTH STRAND COMMUNITY CHORUS, annual Christmas cantata And On Earth Peace, 4 p.m. Dec. 1 and 2 and 5 pm. Dec. 2 at Surfside Presbyterian Church, 8732 U.S. 17 Bypass S., west of Surfside Beach. $8. 450-7546.
LONG BAY SYMPHONY, Chamber orchestra in Bach and Handel for the Advent Season, 7 p.m. Dec. 1 at Trinity Episcopal Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, and 4 p.m. Dec. 2 at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach, for $20, or $5 students; also youth orchestra opera-and-ballet-theme concert, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at Myrtle Beach High School, $10 in benefit for Carolina Forest Rotary Club. 448-8379 or www.longbaysymphony.com.
SOUTH BY SOUTHEAST MUSIC FEASTS, at the Myrtle Beach Train Depot, 851 Broadway St., benefiting local school music programs: Verlon Thompson Saturday. Dinner at 6:30 p.m., concert at 7:30. $20 members, otherwise $25 and $15 students younger than 21, which includes a pot-luck dinner and beverages. Email reservations to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. More details at 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org.
* COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY, in Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, in Conway, Discovering the Durer Cypher through Nov. 23. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. Free. 349-6454 or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
* FRANKLIN G. BURROUGHS-SIMEON B. CHAPIN ART MUSEUM, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. An Artists Eye: A Journey through Modern and Contemporary Art with Sigmund Abeles and Figuratively Speaking: The Art of Sigmund Abeles, both through Dec. 29 with docent tour 2 p.m. Dec. 2; and Jonathan Green The Artist as Servant-Leader: A Retrospective of Community Engagement through Dec. 30. Free. 238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
ART & SOUL, AN ARTISAN GALLERY INC., 5001 N. Kings Highway, Suite 105, Myrtle Beach, in Rainbow Harbor plaza. Various art classes available. Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 839-2727.
BLUEWATERS POTTERY CENTER FOR CLAY ARTS, 279 S.C. 57 S., Little River, a half-mile south of S.C. 9. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, and open studio 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays. 399-9898 or www.bluewaterspottery.com. Also, adult classes through Brunswick Community College, in basic wheel-throwing and hand-building techniques for beginners, eight weekly sessions $230; register at 910-755-7408.
CHERYL NEWBY GALLERY, 11096 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, in The Shops at Oak Lea. Ceramic works by Glenda Taylor, Friday-Dec. 8. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 979-0149, 800-435-2733 or www.cherylnewbygallery.com.
CHRISCO POTTERY, 4266 Graystone Court, Little River. 427-4304.
COLLECTORS CAFE AND GALLERY, 7740 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. Fall Art Show, with more than 100 works by 25 artists, continues through Feb. 15. 11:30 a.m.-midnight Mondays-Saturdays. 449-9370 or www.collectorscafeandgallery.com.
CONWAY GLASS, 209 Laurel St., Conway. 9:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. Free glass-blowing demonstrations 11 a.m.-4 p.m. first Saturdays monthly. 248-3558 or www.conwayglass.com.
* COWORK MYR, 601 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Grand Strand Arts 2012 Grand Strand Artists of the Month Group Exhibition, honoring Sybil Alfano, Calvin Blassingame, Blake Brown, Rachel Jones, Gwen Mis, Don Perry, Natalie Sexton, Scott Smallin, Bill Strydesky and Joe Winkler, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Fridays through early January, for free. 900-0270, www.coworkmyr.com and www.grandstrandarts.com.
DEBORAH BROAD STUDIO, 671 Jamestowne Drive, Garden City Beach, beginning silversmith classes for five-week sessions or two-day workshops, with instruction including soldering, sawing, filing and design. Painting classes also available in oil, pastel and acrylic. 333-5364.
EBB AND FLOW ART CO-OP, 4763 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 651-2386 or ebbandflowartco-op.com.
FRANKLIN SQUARE GALLERY, 130 E. West St., Southport, N.C. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 910-278-7560 or www.franklinsquaregallery.com.
FRESH BREWED COFFEE HOUSE, 933 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach. Open 3 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, including open mic nights at 6:45 p.m. Thursdays with host Brian Roessler. November featured artist: Natalie Sexton. 251-8282 or www.freshbrewedcoffeehouse.com.
GEORGETOWN ART GALLERY, 705 Front St., Georgetown. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. Also: open house 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 1. 527-7711 or www.georgetownartgallery-sc.com.
* HARRY THE POTTER PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY STUDIO, 4007-B Belle Terre Blvd., west of Forestbrook Road and Food Lion plaza. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and 1-5 p.m. Sundays. 903-0773 or www.harry-the-potter.com.
HOWARD GALLERY, 532 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach. 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 626-3118 or thehowardgallery.com.
ISLAND ART GALLERY, in The Village Shops, 10744-M Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 455-0336, 207-320-5884 or www.pawleysislandart.com.
JEFF COAT POTTERY, 284-B Koolabrew Drive, Calabash, N.C. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. 910-579-2400 or www.jeffcoatpottery.com.
* JEWELRY BY WENDY BEACH HOUSE FINE ARTS, 10152 Beach Drive S.W., Unit 6, Calabash, N.C. Works by artists such as Ann Bates, Elyse Clark, Terrie ONeill and Cindy Saadeh. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com.
* MUD BUCKET POTTERY, 279 S.C. 57, Little River. 399-8702 or www.mudbucketpottery.com.
MUDPUDDLE POTTERY STUDIO, in St. James Plaza, 4002 Executive Park Blvd., Suite 600-B (rear), Supply, N.C., in a business park on N.C. 211, across from Brunswick Electric. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. first and third Saturdays monthly. 910-363-4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEACOAST ARTIST GUILD OF SOUTH CAROLINA, gallery open 6 a.m.-2 p.m. daily at Applewood House of Pancakes, 14361 Ocean Highway, Litchfield Beach. 947-0668 and www.seacoastartistguild.com.
STUDIO B ART GALLERY, 2922 Howard Ave., Unit D, Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. Noon Mondays-Saturdays. 839-1278 or www.studiobgalleries.com.
SUNSET RIVER MARKETPLACE, 10283 Beach Drive S.W. (N.C. 179), Calabash, N.C. Wild North Carolina Through the Artists Eyes, the 2012 N.C. Wildlife Art Society Exhibition, Wednesday-Jan. 5, for free. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. 910-575-5999 or www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
WHISPERING PALMS ART STUDIO & BOUTIQUE, 503 Ninth Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, in Nance Plaza at Kings Highway. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and noon-7 p.m. Saturdays. 910-232-9609.
BROOKGREEN GARDENS, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
CHILDRENS MUSEUM OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, with exhibit Turtle Travels. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
GEORGETOWN COUNTY MUSEUM, 632 Prince St., Georgetown. Open 10 a.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 545-7020 or www.georgetowncountymuseum.com.
* HOBCAW BARONY, on U.S. 17 just north of Georgetown. Various nature programs and tours, such as barony tours at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays-Fridays for $20. Also: Shooting Stars: Photographing Stars and Star Trails with Donald Withers, 4-8 p.m. Monday (rain date Tuesday), for $75. Reservations required at 546-4623. More information at www.hobcawbarony.org or www.northinlet.sc.edu.
HORRY COUNTY MUSEUM, 438 Main St., Conway. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays; free. Also, L.W. PAUL LIVING HISTORY FARM, 2279 Harris Shortcut Road, off U.S. 701, north of Conway, open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays; free. 915-5320, 365-3596 or horrycountymuseum.org.
KAMINSKI HOUSE MUSEUM, 1003 Front St., Georgetown. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, with guided tours 11 a.m. and 1 and 3 p.m. daily, for $7 ages 13 and older, $3 ages 6-12, and free ages 5 and younger. 546-7706 or www.kaminskihousemuseum.org.
MUSEUM OF COASTAL CAROLINA, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach, N.C.; and INGRAM PLANETARIUM, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C. Museum open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays.
• Special programs free with admission, all at 11 a.m. help feed touch-tank animals on Fridays, and with Ed Ovsenik, a trilogy about North Carolinas Green Swamp: plants and animals Dec. 8, and indigenous people Dec. 29.
• Planetarium open noon Thursdays-Saturdays: Sky Theater shows: Dynamic Earth at 1 and 3 p.m., Tales of the Maya Skies at 2 p.m., and Seven Wonders at 4 p.m.
Museum admission, and per Sky Theater planetarium show: $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students; and $4 ages 3-4. Reach museum at 910-579-1016, planetarium at 910-575-0033, or visit www.museumplanetarium.org.
MYRTLE BEACH HISTORIC COLORED SCHOOL MUSEUM AND EDUCATION CENTER, 900 Dunbar St., Myrtle Beach, just north of Mr. Joe White Avenue and west of Oak Street, 1-4 p.m. Thursdays. 918-1050.
THE RICE MUSEUM, 633 Front St., Georgetown. Open 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $7 ages 22-59, $5 ages 60 and older, $3 ages 6-21. Also: Low Country Contrast, with mixed media abstract and watercolor paintings by Vida Miller, original seaweed pressings by Christy Janes, and watercolors and pastels mostly landscapes by Lu Hook, through Nov. 24, in Prevost Gallery, for free. 546-7423 or www.ricemuseum.org.
RIPLEYS AQUARIUM, on 29th Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Mermaid shows noon and 2 and 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, and Festival of Trees through Dec. 31. Open 9 a.m. daily. $21.99 ages 12 and older, $10.99 ages 6-11, $3.99 ages 3-5, free ages 2 and younger. 916-0888, 800-734-8888 or www.ripleysaquarium.com.
S.C. CIVIL WAR MUSEUM, in the Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range, 4857 U.S. 17 Bypass S., between Farrow Parkway and S.C. 544, south of Myrtle Beach, east of Socastee. 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $4 adults, $3 seniors/military, $2 students. 293-4344 or www.mbisr.com.
S.C. MARITIME MUSEUM, 729 Front St., Georgetown.. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays; free. 520-0111 or www.scmaritimemuseum.org.
WHEELS OF YESTERYEAR, 413 Hospitality Lane, near Carolina Forest, off U.S. 501 near Tanger Outlets. Open 10 a.m. daily; $9 ages 16 and older, $8 seniors, $5 ages 9-15 and free ages 8 and younger. 903-4774 or www.wheelsofyesteryearmb.com.
* BAREFOOT PRINCESS RIVERBOAT, various cruises at various times, days and rates, sailing from Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-2140, 800-685-6601 or www.mbriverboat.com.
* BETWIXT THE RIVERS kayak and canoe tours, year round, mainly from Horry County landings, including moonlight dinner tours.430-1000 or 423-1919.
* BODCACIOUS BOBS BICYCLE TOURS, ranging from 5 to 35 miles from U.S. 17 in Little River, across from S.C. Welcome Center, with a farm, beaches, winery and Little Rivers waterfront as destinations. Bring-your-own-bike specials at $45; guided tours $75, including a T-shirt, bike rental with helmet and lunch; free for children with cart rental; group discounts available. 241-2731 or www.beachbicycletours.com.
* CAPT. JIMS RIVER MEMORIES TOURS, on an electric yacht, 90-minute cruises from Conway Marina, 10 a.m. and 1 and 4 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $15 ages 13 and older, $10 ages 3-12. 246-1495 or www.rivermemories.org.
* CAPT. KIRKS RIVER AND SWAMP TOURS, noon, 1:30 and 3 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, from Waccatee Zoo, 8500 Enterprise Road, Socastee, with room for six passengers. $16 adults, $8 children. Water taxi to Bucksport Restaurant also available evenings and weekends. 650-7477.
* CAPN RODS CAROLINA SWAMP TROMP TOURS, four-hour tours on a pontoon up the Pee Dee River from Front Street harborwalk in downtown Georgetown. $32. 477-0287 or www.lowcountrytours.com.
* CAROLINA SAFARI JEEP TOURS, 3 1/2-hour tours across the Grand Strand, including Pawleys and Magnolia islands, along the Waccamaw River, wildlife viewing, a salt marsh and Gullah heritage. $42 ages 13 and older, $30 ages 12 and younger, and discount for military, police, AAA members and seniors. Pickups arranged at time of reservations. 497-5330, 272-1177 or www.carolinasafari.com.
* THE CENTER FOR BIRDS OF PREY, 4872 Seewee Road, Awendaw, 35 miles south of Georgetown, east of U.S. 17, first left south of the Sewee Outpost. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, with guided tours 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and flight demonstrations at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. $12 adults, $10 ages 6-18. 971-7474 or www.thecenterforbirdsofprey.org.
* COASTAL EXPEDITIONS, four locations; offers variety of kayak tours and adventures year round. 884-7684 or www.coastalexpeditions.com.
* COASTAL KAYAKING, guided tours of a salt marsh just north of Huntington Beach State Park, near Murrells Inlet, 10 a.m.-noon Mondays through October. $35. Reservations due at 235-8755 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday. www.southcarolinaparks.com.
* FREEWOODS FARM, on Freewoods Road, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in the Burgess community. Activities include learning how to grow and cook fresh vegetables, along with demonstrations, farmers market and a farm tour. 650-9139 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.
* HELICOPTER TOURS, all with rates starting at $20:
• Sister operations: Executive Helicopters, 2800 Terminal St., North Myrtle Beach (427-7351 or www.executiveheli.com) and Huffman Helicopters, 3000 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, by east end of Myrtle Beach International Airport. (946-0022 or www.huffmanhelicopters.com).
• Helicopter Adventures, 1860 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, west of U.S. 17 Bypass, behind NASCAR SpeedPark and across from Broadway at the Beach. 800-359-4386 or www.1800fly4fun.com.
* MYRTLE BEACH SEGWAY, 2922-A Howard Ave., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common near Valor Memorial Garden. Self-guided tours $39 an hour, $59 two hours; two-hour guided tours of Huntington Beach State Park: $69. 477-0800 or www.mbsegway.com.
* PIRATE ADVENTURES for children, on the Sea Gypsy from Crazy Sister Marina, 4123 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. $25 ages and older, otherwise $12. 651-3676 or www.myrtlebeachpirates.com.
* SWAMP FOX TOURS, across historic Georgetown, from 624 Front St. Hourly 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays. $10. 527-1112 or www.swampfoxtours.com.
* WACCAMAW COOTER AIRBOAT TOURS, 45- to 60-minute rides from Wacca Wache Marina, 1950 Wachesaw Road, Murrells Inlet, along the Waccamaw River, west of U.S. 17, between Waccamaw Community Hospital and Brookgreen Gardens; schedule depends on tides and weather, with a minimum four riders and maximum six; call for times. $40 ages 13 and older, $30 ages 4-12. 651-2994 or www.plantationrivertours.com.