• Nov. 17 | Tryouts for ShockWave Baseball will be held Saturday, Nov. 17 at Ashley Ridge High School for new players to fill openings on the Summer of 2013 Showcase Team rosters (15U - 18U). For registration info and details on the ShockWave Baseball program go to: www.shockwavebaseball.net or contact David List at (803) 480-6734 or email@example.com.
• Nov. 17-18 | SC State Seniors Tournament continues bowling at Little River Bowling Center.
• Mondays | The Grand Strand Seniors Men’s Golf Association plays a tournament every Monday at a different golf course on the Grand Strand. Any amateur male golfer over 50 is eligible. Snowbirds welcomed! Visit www.gssmga.org.
Nov. 19 | Calabash VFW Post 7288 Annual Tournament, Sea Trail Golf Resort Byrd Course, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, two-person teams. Entry fee of $140 per two-person team includes flight awards, door prizes and post-tournament lunch and refreshments at VFW. Mulligans are available. Proceeds benefit Wounded Warriors, a program committed to helping U.S. troops adjust to life after suffering injuries in combat. Entry forms are available at the post. Entry fee is Nov. 12. Call the Calabash VFW at 910-579-3577.
• Nov. 21 | Brother Shuckers Fish House & River Oaks Golf Plantation present the 11th Annual Toys for Tots Turkey Trot. It will be a Captain’s choice format with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start at River Oaks Golf Plantation. The entry fee is $35 per player plus a toy. The fee includes greens fee and cart, morning bloody mary bar and breakfast, after party meal with adult beverages, door prizes, on course contests, 50/50 and prizes ... Mulligan’s, Kicksee’s, Tossies, and raffle prizes will be available the day of the event. For more information, contact Murph at 843-903-7946 or stop by Brother Shuckers Fish House or River Oaks Golf Plantation.
• Nov. 24 | Rolling Thunder SC3 will hold their annual golf tournament at Crown Park Golf Course. It will be a Captains Choice with a Shotgun Start at 10:00 am. $60 per person/$240 per team, includes 50/50 drawing, door prizes, and dinner to follow immediately after the tournament at the VFW Post 10804, 111 Hwy. 57 Little River.
Dec. 2 | Iraq/Afghanistan Memorial Tournament, International Club of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $60 per person includes a full meal and awards. Raffle tickets, 50/50 and mulligans available. Sponsored by the VFW Post 10420 and its men’s and women’s auxiliaries, the event is raising money for a memorial for South Carolinians who lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan, to be erected by May 30, 2013, at the VFW post. Players, sponsorships and donations welcomed. Call 843-241-2246.
• Dec. 2 | Thee New DollHouse will host a charity golf tournament at Azalea Sands Golf Club in North Myrtle Beach to benefit the Tara Hall Home For Boys Foundation, an incredible opportunity to help change a young boy’s life.
Shotgun start at 10 a.m.. The format will be a 4 person best ball, captain’s choice tournament to be played on 18 holes. Entry fee is $75 per person or $300 per foursome. Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet will be served. For more information please call entertainment director David Boehm at (954) 646-0238.
• Dec. 8 | The Annual Shiver For The Shelter Golf Tournament, captain’s choice format, will be held Saturday, Dec. 8 at Farmstead Golf Links in Calabash, NC. The tournament benefits the animals housed at the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach. The proceeds are intended to supplement the food supply at the shelter.
Due to needs at the shelter, the entry fee will be 100 pounds of cat litter, puppy food or kitten food per player plus a $20 per player registration fee, which includes green & cart fee, range balls, lunch from Bistro 90 and refreshments on the course. Tickets for a prize drawing will also be available. Deadline for entry is Nov. 28.
Last year’s event generated four and a half tons of food for the animals and over the years has brought in nearly 65 tons. For more information, please call Jeffrey Wisniewski at (843) 450-2541 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dec. 8 | Tournament to benefit the Socastee High School boys and girls golf teams, Prestwick Country Club, 9 a.m. shotgun start, four-person team captain’s choice format. Entry fee of $75 per person includes breakfast, lunch, a gift bag and prizes. A raffle, mulligans and hole sponsorships are available. Register by Nov. 30. Call James Smith at 843-450-6190 or David Bennett at 843-293-1789.
Dec. 15 | Christmas Child Golf Tournament, Man O’War and The Wizard courses, four-person captain’s choice format, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $65 per player is due Dec. 9 and includes lunch at the turn, raffle, opportunity to buy mulligan package, prizes including golf shoes, shirts, balls and foursomes to several high-end area courses. Hole and green sponsorships $100 each, or $345 per team with hole and green sponsorships included. Proceeds provide Christmas gifts to children in the McDonald’s Angel Tree Project and Lighthouse Care Centers in Conway and Augusta, Ga. Bring gift for boy ages 12-17 to tournament. Contact Randy Broughton at 843-236-8000 or Randy.Broughton@mysticalgolf.com.
Dec. 15 | TPC of Myrtle Beach Charity Tournament, TPC of Myrtle Beach, four-person captain’s choice format, 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee of $75 per player includes food, contests, prizes and raffles. The event benefits the South Carolina Chapter of the ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) Association and family of Brian Yachovitz, who has recently been diagnosed with ALS. Sponsorship packages available. Contact the TPC pro shop at 843-357-3399 or email@example.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
TO SUBMIT SCORES
• Please send your weekly scores and/or notes of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday. Late submissions will be published the following week. Results appear in The Sun News each Thursday.
• Results must be submitted via e-mail to be included on our Scoreboard. No phone calls or faxes.
• Holes-in-one, eagles and shooting your age must be submitted by a representative from the course.