• The North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce will host a Meet the Candidates night from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Horseshoe, Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. All candidates have been invited to attend and will have three minutes to speak to the group.
The outdoor event is free to the public. For information call 361-3041.
• The Horry County Education Association and the League of Women Voters of Horry County are jointly sponsoring a school board forum on Monday, according to information from Elizabeth Weems, chairwoman of the League.
The forum will take place at Ryan’s Family Restaurant off U.S. 501 in Conway at noon. The following candidates are scheduled to participate: John Poston, District 8; David Cox and Ronald Bessant, District 9; and Jeffrey Garland and Levon Martin, District 11.
• West Side Democrats will meet 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursdayat the Horry County Democratic Party headquarters, 900 4th Avenue in downtown Conway. For more information, contact the HCDP office at 488-4237.
The group also will hold its 9th Annual Barbeque from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Coppers Restaurant, 201 Lauren St., in downtown Conway.
The famous “William and Jim” barbeque and other foods will be served. For more information call Jim at 347-2693 or the Democratic Party office at 488-4237.
• The Georgetown County Republicans will meet at 6 p.m. Monday for its annual "Stump" for the Republican candidates of Georgetown County and the new Congressional District 7 candidate Tom Rice. The event will be at the National Guard Armory in Andrews.
• The Republican Women’s Club of Georgetown will meet at noon Monday, have at the Applewood’s Restaurant on Highway 17 S. in Litchfield Beach. The speakers will be Tom Rice, Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb and House District 103 candidate Tom Winslow.
• Conservatives for Responsible Government will hold it’s last meeting before the Nov. 6, general election on Thursday .
The meeting will be at TBonz Gill & Grill at Seaboard Commons and Highway 17 bypass. A meet and greet will be held at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:00 p.m. and speakers at 6:30 p.m. Speakers will be Bob Grabowski, Marion Foxworth, Paul Prince, Johnnie Bellamy for Tom Rice, Curtis Loftis Jr. and Greg Hembree.
For more information visit horrycrg.com
• The Myrtle Beach Republican Women’s Club is in the process of recruiting new members. People interested in the new club are invited to the Amenity Center at the International Club from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday. A continental breakfast will be served.
For directions to the center call 357-4135