• The Grand Strand Horry Democratic Club will have its monthly meeting 12:30 p.m. Friday at Friendly’s Restaurant, 4705 N. Kings Highway.
The topic will be the upcoming election and “Getting Out The Vote.” Any and all are invited.
For information call Bea Catalano, 455-8226
• The Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Martins Restaurant, 7200 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Lauren Hinnant from WBTW/News 13 will be the guest speaker.
For information, contact Pam Heller at 497-5020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Myrtle Beach Republican Women’s Club is in the process of recruiting new members.
Anyone interested in joining the club is urged to attend the Oct. 23 meeting from 10 a.m. to noon at the Amenity Center at the International Club.
A continental breakfast will be served.
• Sen. Jim DeMint will speak about Washington, D.C., and the 2012 elections at the Georgetown County Republican meeting Monday at the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort’s Tara Theater, 14276 Ocean Highway, Litchfield Beach. Cost is $20.
The group also will meet on Oct. 22 for its annual "Stump" for the Republican Candidates of Georgetown County and the new Congressional District 7 candidate Tom Rice. The event takes place at 6 p.m. at the National Guard Armory in Andrews.
For information call 240-9456.
• The Georgetown County Republican office is located in Pawleys Plaza, 10225 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. For information call 527-3209.
The office is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Candidate materials available and volunteer work making phone calls for Romney, Ryan and Rice and local Republican candidates.
• 7th Congressional District debate will be 8 p.m. Wednesday at Myrtle Beach High School auditorium and is open to the public. No ticket is required for the event.
The event will last an hour and is hosted by Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and the Grand Strand Business Alliance along with WMBF and WPDE. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. with a pre-debate program beginning at 6:30 p.m. featuring political strategists Mary Matalin and James Carville.
The auditorium is located at 3302 Robert Grissom Parkway. Campaign clothing, banners and signs will not be allowed.