Two teenagers charged with burglaries
Conway police have charged two teenagers in connection with several burglaries that occurred since last summer, according to a news statement released Monday from spokeswoman Catina Hipp.
Roshad Baldwin, 17, and Jamal Bessent, 18, both of Conway, have been charged in three burglaries reported since July 2011. Baldwin is charged with three counts of second-degree burglary. Bessent is charged with one count of second-degree burglary.
Baldwin and Bessent both are charged in connection with an incident that happened on July 20, 2011.
Conway police were dispatched at about 10:15 a.m. July 20, 2011, to an apartment on Duckett Street in Conway in reference to a burglary, Hipp said.
The victim told police that a black Sony Playstation 3 and various games were taken from the apartment after her son discovered the game console was missing two days before and she saw a screen had been removed from a window in the rear of the apartment.
More than a year later, Conway police were dispatched shortly before 2 p.m. July 29 to an apartment on Altman Circle in Conway in reference to a burglary.
The victim, who spent the weekend at her mother’s house in Green Sea, said she noticed her apartment had been burglarized when she arrived home. The victim stated that someone entered the home through an unlocked kitchen window. The victim stated a Nintendo Wii, a GPS, web cam, various frozen foods, and laundry detergent were missing. Baldwin has been charged in connection with that incident.
Conway police were dispatched at 9 p.m. Sept. 3 to a residence on Floyd Street in Conway in reference to a report of a burglary.
The victim told police she found her rear door unlocked after returning home.
Man punched in face in bathroom
Myrtle Beach police charged a Tennessee man after a witness reported seeing one man punch another in the face while inside a bathroom at Broadway at the Beach, according to a police report.
Eric Alfonso Clemons, 34, of Knoxville, Tenn., was charged with simple assault and battery after officers were called about 1 a.m. Sunday to 1318 Celebrity Circle, police said.
A witness told police that Clemons pushed a 50-year-old man before he punched the victim in the face, according to the report. The victim told officers that he was in the bathroom when he was pushed and punched in the face.
Clemons told police that he was pushed by someone, who was not there when police arrived, according to the report. Clemons then told police that “if I punched him it was by accident.”
Woman says BB gun shot into her home
A 28-year-old Myrtle Beach woman told police someone reached into her home and shot a BB gun after pushing in a vent, according to a police report.
The victim called officers at 7:20 p.m. Sunday to the 900 block of Grey Street for the incident, police said.
The victim said she was in the shower when she heard a noise in her home, according to the report. The victim said she got out of the shower and saw someone had pushed open the vent to her air conditioning unit and was shooting a BB gun into her home.
The victim said when the suspect saw her, he ran away, according to the report. The victim said she saw three other people hiding behind nearby parked cars and they fled with the suspect.
Officers searched the area for the suspects, but did not find them.
Conway man not guilty in home invasion
A Conway man charged in a 2006 home invasion was found not guilty by an Horry County jury, according to officials.
Robert George Scott was found not guilty on charges of armed robbery, criminal conspiracy and two counts of kidnapping following a trial in Conway, according to the 15th Circuit Solicitor’s office.
Scott was charged in November 2008 following the incident.
Melissa Malanda Moore, 32, of Conway pleaded guilty in April to armed robbery and two counts of kidnapping in connection with the case, according to court records. Circuit Court Judge Larry Hyman sentenced her to 10 years on each of the charges with the sentences running concurrently, according to court records. Moore was given credit for the time she has served and ordered to pay court costs.
The charges stemmed from a 2006 home invasion when Horry County police said the occupants of a house on S.C. 905 reported two people entered the home, and assaulted and robbed them.
Woman’s slaying still being investigated
Horry County police continued Monday to investigate the fatal stabbing of a 23-year-old, who was found dead in her home on Thursday in Socastee, Sgt. Robert Kegler said.
Paris Shanita Bellinger, 23, died from multiple stab wounds, said Horry County Deputy Coroner Tony Hendrick following an autopsy Friday morning.
A 33-year-old man, who was a friend of Bellinger’s told police he found her in her living room about 11 a.m. Thursday after he went to her home at 132 Weeks Drive to check on her because she had not answered any of his calls, according to a police report. The man said he last saw Bellinger alive about midnight when he stopped by her home.
Kegler said Bellinger’s death is being treated as a homicide.
Horry County police had not identified suspects . From staff reports