• The Carolina Patriots will have S.C. Sen. Tom Davis of Beaufort as speaker when it meets on Tuesday at the Myrtle Beach Shrine Club, 9589 N. Kings Highway near Restaurant Row.
The meeting will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Davis has served in the Senate since 2009 and has strived to make South Carolina a more competitive, prosperous, cleaner and safer place for all of us to live, work and raise our families.
For information contact Diane Aversano at 385-1204, or www.CarolinaPatriots.org
• North Strand Democratic Party holds its monthly meeting Tuesday from 6 to 7 p.m. at Mick & Mike’s Sports Bar, 1008 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach.
For information call Brian or Robert at 272-6454.
• South Enders will meet Thursday at the Borgata Restaurant, 813 Surfside Drive in Surfside Beach.
For more information, contact Steve Chand at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them on the web at www.southenders.org.
• The Beach Dems breakfast will have Gloria Bromell Tinubu, Democratic candidate for South Carolina’s new 7th Congressional district, as the speaker on Friday.
The group meets from 8 to 9 a.m. at Akels Pancake House, 65th Avenue North and Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach. For information, call Sally P. Howard at 455-1936.
• Northwest Action Dems will meet Saturday at the Senior Citizen Building, 4212 Railroad St., Loris. The meeting begins at 10 a.m. For more information, call Lutie Floyd, 756-0138.
• Horry County Republican Party 2012 Victory Campaign Phone Bank – Romney, Ryan, Rice, will be Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday noon to 3 p.m. at HCGOP victory headquarters, Founders Centre, 2411 Oak St. in Myrtle Beach.
For information contact Johnnie Bellamy, HCGOP chairman at 843-488-4445, or Cam Crawford, SCGOP 7th District Victory Campaign, 843- 457-4841
• Horry County Republican Party and Grand Strand Young Republicans – Coastal Carolina University Republicans will hold a vice presidential debate watching party from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. Thursday at Logan’s restaurant at Coastal Grand Mall. The public is welcome and encouraged to join.
For information contact Johnnie Bellamy, HCGOP chairwoman at 843-488-4445, or Russell Fry- vice president of the Grand Strand Young Republicans 843-421-4587
• National speaker Artur Davis will be the Horry County Republican Party’s speaker Friday
Davis changed his party affiliation from the Democratic to the Republican Party in 2012. One of the national co-chairs for Obama’s 2008 campaign; in 2009 and 2010 Davis voted against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the only member of the Congressional Black Caucus to do so.
Davis spoke at the 2012 Republican National Convention in support of the Republican nominee for president, Mitt Romney.
He will speak from noon to 2 p.m. at Big D’s BBQ Barn of Waccamaw, 350 George Bishop Parkway, Myrtle Beach.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. Admission is $20.00.
For information contact Johnnie Bellamy, HCGOP chairwoman, at 488 4445
• Georgetown County Republican Party will have U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint on Oct. 15. The topic will be Washington, D.C., and the 2012 elections.
Doors will open at 5 p.m. in the Tara Theater at the Litchfield Beach and Resort, 14276 Ocean Highway, Litchfield Beach. The program starts at 5:30 p.m. The cost is $20 per person.
The Waccamaw Neck Republican Club’s monthly meeting will follow remarks from DeMint.
• Horry County Republican Party will hold a poll watcher training session 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday in HCGOP victory headquarters, at Founders Center, 2411 Oak Street, Myrtle Beach.
The public is welcome and encouraged to participate in the training and serve as poll watchers.
For information contact Johnnie Bellamy, HCGOP chairwoman 488-4445, or Keith Jester of the HCGOP poll watcher committee at 302-236-2260.