A Myrtle Beach brewery is one of the top 10 in the country for tours, according to travel website TripAdvisor.
New South Brewing slid into the No. 7 spot in the rankings of the top American Brewery Tours, which are based on the number of positive reviews from users on TripAdvisor.com. It was the only South Carolina brewery on the list.
New South, which was founded in 1998 and is located at 1109 Campbell Street in Myrtle Beach, got a shout out in the rankings for allowing travelers to check out the entire brewing process and have a chance to sample a few brews along the way.
The tours are free, and are running at 3:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. The brewery sells six packs, growlers, T-shirts and other items.
1. New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
2. Allagash Brewery, Portland, Maine
3. Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour, St. Louis, Mo.
4. Samuel Adams Brewery, Boston, Mass.
5. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, Calif.
6. Heinzelmannchen Brewery, Sylva, N.C.
7. New South Brewing, Myrtle Beach
8. Boulevard Brewing Co., Kansas City, Mo.
9. D.G. Yuengling and Son Brewery, Pottsville, Pa.
10. Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co., Chippewa Falls, Wis.
Contact DAWN BRYANT at 626-0296 or at email@example.com or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_dawnbryant.