Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. (866) 647-9396 or ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
Health screenings | Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital; Thursdays, front lobby, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Finger-stick lipid profiles with blood sugar test: $20; diabetes screening-hemoglobin A1C: $15; blood sugar levels: $3. Free blood pressure screenings from 7:30 a.m. to noon. 546-0623
Pediatric First-Aid | 6-10 p.m. Tuesday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $20. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Lecture: “My Neck and Back Hurt all the Time, Doc” | noon Wednesday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Murrells Inlet. Free. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to reserve a seat.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. $10 per couple or $5 for individual. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Seminar: Obesity surgery | 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 545-8850 to register.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Oct. 4, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Seventh annual in the Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Walk and Duck-A-Palooza | 10 a.m. Oct 6., the two-mile walk will begin and end at the Imaging Center at Waccamaw Medical Park East on U.S. 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet. Participants can register online at www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org/breastcancerwalk or the day of the walk at 9 a.m. at the Imaging Center. 652-8080
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 6, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $50. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Handle with Care-Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Oct. 8, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Community Health BLS-CPR | 6-9 p.m. Oct. 9, Wachesaw Conference Center. $35. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or visit YoungStroke.org.
• Bosom Buddies | 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 237-8787.
• Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638.
• Alzheimer’s | noon Oct. 1, Prince George Episcopal Church. 237-2845
• Obesity surgery | 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 545-8850 to register.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or (800) RED CROSS.
• 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, City of North Myrtle Beach, 1018 Second Ave. S., 280-5575
• 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday,Surfside Civic Center, 115 U.S. 17 N., 650-9548
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, City of North Myrtle Beach, 1018 Second Ave. S., 280-5575
• noon to 5 p.m. Thursday, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-2795
• noon to 5 p.m. Thursday, North Myrtle Beach Primary, 901 11th Ave. N., 251-3565
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Freshstart smoking cessation | 5 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Conway Medical Wellness & Fitness Center, 2369 Cypress Circle, Conway. Free. 347-1515.
Weight Loss workshop | 7 p.m. Monday, Conway Medical Wellness & Fitness Center, 2369 Cypress Circle, Conway. $15 members and $20 non-members. 347-1515
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. Sundays, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Parents Anonymous | 5-7 p.m. every Wednesday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1C testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
BLS CPR/AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.drugsno.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
Careteam AIDS Walk and Health Fair | 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Plyler Park on the corner of North Ocean Boulevard and 11th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach. Free, donations accepted. 236-9000.
Advocate Training for Rape Crisis Center | 5:30-9 p.m. Oct. 1 to Oct. 4. 448-3180 or website www.victimtosurvivor.org.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
• Grief Share | 3:30 every other Tuesday, National Healthcare Center, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. 349-4400
• Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. Visit www.victimtosurvivor.org or 448-3180.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65 | 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or visit YoungStroke.org.
• Diabetes | 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line, 716-7527 or online at www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 5-8 p.m. every Monday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Zumba | 6 p.m. Monday and Thursday, Center for Health & Fitness. $5 members and $8 non-members. 716-7111
Yoga | 6:30-7:45 p.m. Mondays and 1-2:15 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 28, Brunswick Center,1513 N. Howe St., Suite 1, Southport, N.C. $25/month for one class or $40/month for two classes or $10/drop-in. 910-253-2583.
Weight Loss Program: Why "Weight" Women, Get Healthy Now | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 29, offered by Brunswick County Parks and Recreation. $65 per person. Pre-registration required, 910-253-2583.
Zumba | 8-9 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday through Dec. 20, Body Dimensions, Shallotte, N.C. $35 month/$10 drop-in.
Prostate screenings | 5 p.m. Monday, Sea Mountain Medical Park, 3600 Sea Mountain Highway, Little River. $20. 399-3066.
• Diabetes | 10 a.m. Friday, McLeod Seacoast. 716-7736