• Carolina Patriots will meet 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 12, at the Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st. Avenue North, in Myrtle Beach. The speaker will be Ashley Landess from the S.C. Policy Council in Columbia. She will talk about the latest news from the State House on transparency, ethics, and the budget and control board. The meeting date was changed from Sept 11th. For information contact: Diana Aversano 843-385-1204 www.carolinapatriots.org
• Georgetown and Horry County Democratic parties will host a bus trip to the Democratic National Convention to hear President Obama’s acceptance speech at 6 p.m. on Thursday in Charlotte, N.C.
The bus will leave Georgetown at 8 a.m. and Conway at 9 a.m., and return after the president’s speech. Anyone interested should call (843) 488-4237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Horry County Democrats will have an Executive Committee fundraising reception/dinner at the Sheraton in Myrtle Beach at 6 p.m. Friday. Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter will deliver the keynote address on the importance of cities and why President Obama’s re-election is important to the country. Mayor Nutter is the 70th President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors and a member of the Democratic National Committee Platform Committee. The event follows the conclusion of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte the night before. Reservations and purchase of individual tickets at $50 each should be sent to the Horry County Democratic Party at 900 4th Ave, Suite A, Conway, SC 29526. For information call (843) 488-4237 or email email@example.com
• The South Carolina Federation of Republican Women, as part of its “Caring for America” project, is sponsoring a Blood Drive through the American Red Cross chapters across the state. Donate either at the Red Cross Centers or at a local Bloodmobile.
For information contact your local Red Cross office.
• Conservatives for Responsible Government meets at 6 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at T-Bonz Gill & Grill on Seaboard Street in Seaboard Commons, Myrtle Beach.