MYRTLE BEACH Myrtle Beach’s girls tennis team opened its season with a shut out win of Myrtle Beach Christian 7-0.
Jessie Dumas got the wins started in singles matches. Rachel Berkey, Emma Springs, Carolyn Gore and Elisabeth Spielvogel finished off the singles matches.
The Seahawks’ doubles teams of Catherine Truluck and Katharine Woodard and Bailey Deskins and Paxton Gentry swept their matches.
Singles – Jessie Dumas (MB) d. Tatiana Harrelson 6-1, 6-1; Rachel Berkey (MB) d. Grace Houghton 6-0, 6-1; Emma Springs (MB) d. Caroline Gore 4-6, 7-5, 10-6; Carolyn Gore (MB) d. Miller Guyton 6-1, 6-0; Elisabeth Spielvogel (MB) d. Greer Houghton 6-2, 6-4.
Doubles – Catherine Truluck/Katharine Woodard (MB) d. Harrelson/Gra. Houghton 7-5, 6-2; Bailey Deskins/Paxton Gentry (MB) d. Jade Cooper/Cole Parker 6-3, 6-4.
Records – Myrtle Beach 1-0; Myrtle Beach Christian 1-1.
High school girls tennis
• (At) Aynor 7, Conway 0 | The Blue Jackets shut out Conway in a satisfying home opener, winning 7 of 7 matches.
Singles – Gentry Johnston (A) Kirby Groome (C) 6-3, 6-0; Anna Dusenbury (A) d. Kaitlyn Brown (C) 6-0, 6-0; Heleana Toth (A) d. Taylor Baddeley (C) 6-3, 6-2; Kathryn Johnson (A) d. Alexis McNeil (C) 6-1, 6-1; Mattie Hucks (A) d. Savannah Coates (C) 6-4, 6-0.
Doubles – Gentry Johnson/Anna Dusenbury (A) d. Kirby Groome/Kaitlyn Brown (C) 8-0; Kelly Floyd/Amelia Evans (A) d. Emily Newman/Tori Worrley (C) 7-5, 6-1
Records – Aynor: 1-0.
High school girls volleyball
• Carolina Forest 3, (at) St. James 0 | McKayla Kafner and Macy Imming each had 11 service points to lead the Panthers in a sweep of the Sharks 26-24, 25-15, 25-21. With the win, Carolina Forest improved to 2-0.
Kafner added four kills to her service points and Imming recorded 12 assists.
St. James’ Alexis Gunnell had four service points, seven kills and four blocks, while Courtney Settle added nine serves and three kills.
Records – Carolina Forest 2-0.
• Conway 3, (at) Aynor 1 | Madison Calder had 19 service points in the Tigers’ win over the Blue Jackets 25-12, 24-26, 25-21, 25-21. Teammate Ryley Hughes had a night too, by having 23 assists and 16 service points.
Kerry Elms led Conway with 14 kills and Bridgette Harper added 10.
Records – Conway 2-0.
• (At) Waccamaw 2, Johnsonville 0; North Myrtle Beach 2, (at) Waccamaw 0; North Myrtle Beach 2, Johnsonville 0 | Melania Moore had four kills as the Warriors beat Johnsonville 25-20, 25-14. Waccamaw then lost to the Chiefs 25-11, 25-16 to split in their tri-meet.
Sienna Herndon had three aces in the Warriors win.
Taylor Allman had eight kills as the Chiefs bested Johnsonville 25-5 25-13. Marci Chestnut recorded 3 kills of her own in the win, moving the Chiefs to 3-0.
Records – Waccamaw 1-1; North Myrtle Beach 3-0.
• Myrtle Beach 3, Loris 0 | Shelby Sheets had nine kills and four aces to lead the Seahawks to a season opening win on Wednesday over the Lions 26-24, 25-13, 25-20. Ashley Kahn added six kills and setter Caroline Daly had 22 assists for Myrtle Beach.
CCU Women’s soccer
ELON, N.C. The Chanticleers evened their record to 2-2 with a 3-0 shut out of Elon on the road on Thursday. Ashley Day scored two goals less than seven minutes apart in the first half for Coastal Carolina.
Fia Jonsson added her first career goal for the Chanticleers.
High school boys soccer
• Myrtle Beach Christian 1, (at) Emmanuel Christian 0 | Kendall Henry had the lone goal for the Saints as it picked up a win on Monday over Emmanuel Christian. Matt Doria had an assist on Henry’s goal.
G oals – Myrtle Beach Christian: Kendall Henry.
G oalkeepers – Myrtle Beach Christian: Spencer Underwood (4).
Records – Myrtle Beach Christian: 5-0.