Shoppers will save a few bucks on many items starting Friday and running through midnight Sunday during South Carolina’s tax-free holiday.
Computers, clothes, shoes, school supplies and many other items will ring up during the three-day period without the state’s 6 percent tax and any local sales taxes.
But not all items will be tax free, with tax still being charged on jewelry, cosmetics, furniture, eyewear and other merchandise.
Check the lists of items at www.sctax.org.
North Carolina also has its tax-free holiday Friday through Sunday.
Hours of major shopping centers along the Grand Strand:
• Barefoot Landing | 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday
• Broadway at the Beach | 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday
• Coastal Grand mall | 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, though some stores will open at 8 a.m.; noon to 7 p.m. Sunday, though some stores will open at 11 a.m.
• Inlet Square Mall | 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
• Myrtle Beach Mall | 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
• Tanger Outlets off U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 | 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday
• The Market Common | 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday
Contact DAWN BRYANT at 626-0296 or at email@example.com or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_dawnbryant.