• Horry County Democratic Party will hold a business meeting 6 p.m. Monday.
The meeting will be at the Justice Center Building on 2nd Avenue in Conway. The credentials committee will begin registration 5:30 p.m.
Please mark your calendar and make plans to attend this important meeting. Everyone is welcome.
For information contact: Nancy Anderson, HCDP Secretary, at 347 - 2306.
For more information, call Diana Aversano at 385-1204.
• The League of Women Voters of Horry County will have its next meeting Monday, at Ryan's on Church Street. The group will arrive at 11:30 a.m. for lunch and the meeting will begin at 12:00.
For information call Anita Moran, Vice Chairman 347-5228.
• Governor Nikki Haley and 7th Congressional Republican Candidate, Tom Rice, will campaign throughout the District on Monday with the first stop in Horry County being a tour at 2:30 p.m. of the MetGlas, Inc. plant at 440 Allied Drive in Conway. Haley has endorsed Rice, and dozens of other state and local officials.
They also will meet with citizens from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Applewood’s Pancake House, at 14361 Ocean Highway in Pawleys Island, and at 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at River City Cafe, 5835 Dick Pond Road to end the day at a pre-election party.
Other supporters of Rice, such as Randal Wallace and Alan Clemmons, are likely to join the endorsement tour throughout the day.
• The South Carolina Federation of Republican Women, as part of its “Caring for America” project, is sponsoring a Blood Drive through the American Red Cross.
Clubs all across the state are participating by donating either at the Red Cross Centers or at a local Bloodmobile.
June begins the critical shortage months at the Blood Center and all are asked to participate.
For information contact your local Red Cross office.
• Conservatives for Responsible Government meets at 6 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at T-Bonz Gill & Grill on Seaboard Street in Seaboard Commons, Myrtle Beach.
For more information, call Carol Kinsman at 281-4522.
• The Myrtle Beach Tea Party will meet from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Rotelli’s Pasta & Pizza at 201 Graduate Road, Conway.
For information call 843-249-6700. Graduate Road is across the street from Coastal Carolina University’s entrance off U.S. 501. Pizza, all you can eat, will cost $7.
• Republican candidate for the 7th Congressional District, Tom Rice, has announced endorsements from Gov. Nikki Haley; Jim Edwards, former Gov. Jim Edwards; former US Congressman and former Federal Judge, John Napier; former US Congressman, Ed Young, and others including former S.C. Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Director, Chad Prosser; SCDOT Commission Chairman, Danny Isaac; former SCDOT Commissioner, Billy Alford; SC House of Representatives, District 107, Alan Clemmons; S.C. House of Representatives, District 58, Liston Barfield; Republican nominee for SC House of Representatives, District 68, Heather Ammons Crawford; former Chairman of Florence County Republican Party, Herbert Ames; former Chairman of Horry County Republican Party, Robert Rabon; former Chairman of Georgetown County Republican Party, Tom Swatzel; former Chairman of Horry County Council, Mark Lazarus; Darlington County Council-Elect, Bobby Kilgo; Florence County Treasurer Dean Fowler; Florence County Coroner Bubba Matthews; Florence County Councilman Roger Poston; Horry County Auditor Lois Eargle; Horry County Clerk of Court Melanie Huggins; former Horry County Administrator, John Weaver; Georgetown County Councilman Jerry Oakley; Horry County Councilmen Paul Price and Harold Worley; Former Horry County Councilman, Marvin Heyd; Aynor Mayor Keb Johnson; North Myrtle Beach Mayor Marilyn Hatley; Georgetown City Councilman Paige Sawyer; Myrtle Beach city council members Wayne Gray, Phil Render, Mike Lowder, and Randal Wallace North Myrtle Beach councilmen Hank Johnson and Jay Baldwin; former Johnsonville City Councilman Brad Richardson; North Myrtle Beach Republican Club President Cleo Steele; former South Carolina Republican Party executive committee member Stephanie Rawlinson and members of the Concerned Conservatives for Tom Rice.
• Republican candidate for the 7th Congressional District, Andre Bauer, has received an endorsement from Katherine Jenerette, a former candidate for the new 7th District Congressional Seat.