• The Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Martins Restaurant, 7200 North Ocean Blvd., at the corner of 73rd Avenue North and North Ocean Boulevard.
The meeting will be about the election of officers, and awards. Members and guests are invited to stay for dinner following the meeting.
For information contact Sally P. Howard at 843-455-1936, or email Sallyphoward@aol.com
The Carolina Patriots group meets on the second Tuesday of each month at the Grand Strand Senior Center in Myrtle Beach.
For more information, call Diana Aversano at 385-1204.
• The South Carolina Federation of Republican Women, as part of its “Caring for America” project, is sponsoring a Blood Drive through the American Red Cross.
Clubs all across the state are participating by donating either at the Red Cross Centers or at a local Bloodmobile.
June begins the critical shortage months at the Blood Center and all are asked to participate.
For information contact your local Red Cross office.
• The South Strand Republican Club (SSRC) will host a debate between Andre Bauer and Tom Rice, the two Republican candidates who received the most votes in the June 12 primary.
The Bauer - Rice contest will be a Lincoln-Douglas style debate; during a breakfast meeting starting 10 a.m. Saturday at Bonefish Grill 8703 Highway 17 Bypass South (1/4 mile south of Hwy 544). Continental breakfast will be available.
The public is invited and encouraged to attend. Applications will be available for any one wishing to join the SSRC, or registering to volunteer their services for the fall Presidential campaign.
For information call Chuck Ottwell President SSRC 843-651-8030.
• Conservatives for Responsible Government meets at 6 p.m. the last Thursday of each month at T-Bonz Gill & Grill on Seaboard Street in Seaboard Commons, Myrtle Beach.
For more information, call Carol Kinsman at 281-4522.
• The Waccamaw Neck Republican Club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the Pawleys Island Branch Library, 24 Commerce Drive.
Congressional run-off candidates Andre Bauer and Tom Rice have been invited to speak, but their attendance has not been confirmed as of press time.
The public is invited.
For more information contact Jerry Rovner at 843-235-0463.
• The Horry County Republican Party has put a task team together to begin a “Drive By” petition signing effort beginning on Monday .For two weeks, Monday through Thursday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., the “Drive By” effort will be open at the Horry County Republican Headquarters building on U.S. 501, next to Lowes, for candidate petition signing.
Pull into the parking lot and a petition worker will come to your car with candidate petitions. The worker will establish which district you live in and you will be given the appropriate candidate petitions to sign.
For information, contact task team coordinator – Keith Jester at 843-399-4791, or email email@example.com; Horry County GOP Chairman, Johnnie Bellamy at 843 488 0628; or the Horry County GOP office, 843-488-4445
• The Myrtle Beach Tea Party will meet from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. June 25th at Rotelli’s Pasta & Pizza at 201 Graduate Road, Conway.
For information call 843-249-6700. Graduate Road is across the street from Coastal Carolina University’s entrance off U.S. 501. Pizza, all you can eat, will cost $7.